IGNORED

TIM1T - a new demo for the 2600

Kylearan

Hi,

I have just released a new demo for the PAL VCS on the Revision demo party. You can find it here, if you are interested:

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=62944

Direct download link: ftp://ftp.scene.org/pub/parties/2014/revision14/demo_oldskool/tim1t_cluster.zip

I would like to thank you all for being such a great resource of information and help, especially Omegamatrix, SeaGtGruff, Thomas Jentzsch and Spiceware. This is my first production for the VCS, and almost every time I had a question, I would search this forum first and invariably find an answer to it by one of you a couple of years ago already. :) This demo wouldn't have been possible without you.

(And to pre-emptively answer Thomas Jentzsch: I know I have 3 frames with a scanline count of != 312, which I will fix in the final version. Right now I'm terribly exhausted and glad I met the deadline at all. ;) )

-Kylearan

• Like 5

I'm in awe... :o

I liked specially the four effects at once in screen, the scaling of blocks, the 3D-like rotating letters and the 3D-style chessboard.

The music is amazing, great use of volume and it doesn't "show" the classic TIA limitations.

Great work! :) :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone's interested, I've published the sources for my demo, raw and unpolished as I had finished it at the party place:

http://www.compoundeye.net/demoscene/Cluster_DMA_TIM1T_Source.zip

For a glimpse into madness, have a look at Upscroll.asm starting at label .initrow (lines 680-2017) for the largest cycle-exact kernel by far in this demo. ;)

• Like 2

Damn you slick Assembly geniuses. You make we batariBasic-dependent game programmers look like lazy idiots.

Amazing demo!

Thanks, but don't forget that we demo programmers can cut more corners, fake heavier and don't have to take care of so many things like unexpected input from players (or any input at all). In the end, we only have to concentrate on one specialized effect per screen, which makes it a lot easier.

I for one have the highest respect for you game programmers!