IGNORED

Sector Alpha Rom - Corrupted?

Ikrananka

The only difference between the two is that when the demo starts (after a few seconds of waiting at the game select screen) it now includes a demo player AI and so looks likes someone is playing it in demo mode. The demo also lasts much longer before returning to the game select screen.

I'm going to put together a before and after video as well as the cart PCB hack photos. This will take me a little longer but plan is to post it by the end of this weekend.

Great work on all of this. I've never played the game and the technical detail is way above my head, but it's still been a fun thread to read.

Can you perhaps, if you'd be so kind for those us who have no technical skills (like yours truly), explain in simple terms what the problem is with the game as it shipped, why the problem happened, and why the company allowed the defective games to ship?

Great work on all of this. I've never played the game and the technical detail is way above my head, but it's still been a fun thread to read.

Can you perhaps, if you'd be so kind for those us who have no technical skills (like yours truly), explain in simple terms what the problem is with the game as it shipped, why the problem happened, and why the company allowed the defective games to ship?

Hehe like Windows ? And windows ME.

Maybe they already put it together, when then know about the mistake?

maybe they already wend out of business,?

maybe it was possible to swap the bad ones with new good ones back then ?

maybe they thinking, what the hell, if people complain we just make up a story.

So its possible that one one every played a good copy of the game at a Colecovision, or maybe there only a few copied damaged out there and the rest a good? I think the answer is not easy, unless we have some member who actually owned a game shop back then, or ex-Spectravideo staff. Its also possible that Spectravideo was to busy about the MSX standard, so they just let the Colecovision be. I know they planned other games which was canceled.

• 2 years later...

Necrobump.

Is there pics of the mod needed to make the original cart pcb work work correctly? I remembered reading this thread back when it was new and something made me search for it tonight.

Awesome, and super interesting thread.