IGNORED

Happy 25th Birthday Game Boy!

Now I know the day is almost over but I just found out about this :P and the Gameboy should be entitled to this.Anyway post your favorite games for the system and your memories with it.My cousin gave me and my sister her red Gameboy Play it Loud when we were little with 12 games:

Mega Man Dr. Wiley's Revenge

Donkey Land 2

Kirby's Dream Land 2

Kirby's Block Ball

Killer Instinct

Mortal Kombat 2

Pocahontas

Zelda Links Awakening

The Addams Family

Boggle

Arcade Classics 2:Centipede/millipede

Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle 2

My favorite games from that lot were Mega Man Kirby's Dream Land 2 and Zelda I had fun growing up playing on that red "brick" and stopped playing it when I got my silver GBA SP(which ends up sadly how this Gameboy ends up) as it could play Gameboy games.When I was in 5th grade my friend wanted my red Gameboy and since my GBASP could play all my GB games I didn't need the Gameboy.every day I would forget to bring it/couldn't find it and on the last day of summer school(yes I had to go) I found it and snuck it out the house.I gave him my red Gameboy Play it Loud which had sentimental value to me WITH Zelda The Addams Family and Donkey Land 2 :_( and to make matters worse,a used red Gameboy goes for over $50 :_( .Anyway I would just like to with the grey/red/black(whatever color you had) "brick" a happy birthday

post-31091-0-41229600-1398129543_thumb.jpg

post-31091-0-41200000-1398129564_thumb.jpg

Edited by xDragonWarrior
  • Like 2

My most memorable gaming experiences on the original Game Boy were the Mega Man games, Zelda Link's Awakening, Metroid II, Gargoyle's Quest, Super Mario Land and its sequels, Bionic Commando, Batman, Boxxle, Castlevania II, Donkey Kong Land, Gradius/Nemesis, Operation C, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

• Like 1

Thank you Gunpei Yokoi for making the Game Boy. As a matter of fact, A book about him is suppose to come out!

But its been in pre-order since and the release date was in January 2014! :ponder:

http://www.amazon.com/Gunpei-Yokoi-Life-Philosophy-Nintendos/dp/2918272248/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1398171007&sr=1-1&keywords=gunpei+yokoi

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

I have a ton of Game Boys. I have an original, a green model, a teal Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance SP AGS 101, and a atomic purple GBC I bought for my wife, who is a master at Tetris. It started with me around 1991, when my brother inadvertently smashed my head open so that you could see the skull underneath. He said that he would give me his Game Boy if I said that I did it by running, tripping, and falling without mentioning him. 20+ stitches later, the Game Boy was mine, with Super Mario Land, Tetris, and Batman, maybe another I can't really remember now. In 1999 I got my Game Boy Color, and played the heck out of the newly updated Zelda.

Nowadays I have a little over 30 GB and GBC games, but they're among my most played. Granted, I tend to use the GBA for them, even while most of my GBA games get neglected. Anyone else feel that in general GBA games werent' as fun as the original GB games?

Oh, and the Super Game Boy and Game Boy Player. Can't forget about those.

Edited by o.pwuaioc
  • Like 1