AnimaInCorpore

jsA8E (JavaScript Atari 800 XL Emulator) online

Hi

I just played around with Emscripten and was able to port my A8E Atari 800 XL emulator to JavaScript. So you can check out some old games within your browser. ;)

Controls are as follows: F1 = HELP, F2 = OPTION, F3 = SELECT, F4 = START, F5 = RESET, ARROWS = joystick directions, ALT = fire.

You may try the following links with Firefox or Chrome:

Atari 800 XL self test, Archon, Archon 2, Asteroids, Bandits, Behind Jaggi Lines, Davids Midnight Magic, Donkey Kong, Drol, Encounter, Dropzone, Goonies, Gyruss, Hero, Karateka, Keystone Capers, Koronis Rift, Landscape, Montezumas Revenge, Moon Patrol, M.U.L.E., Pitfall, River Raid, Raid over Moscow, Pooyan, Spelunker, Silent Service, Starquake, Summer Games, Track and Field, Vanguard, Zorro.

Have fun
Sascha

• Like 3

Worked fine for me with Mozilla on a Linux box.

Umm. . .do you think you could add the BASIC cartridge, or links to other games on the page?

As far as I can tell, this is the only 8 bit Atari emulator that will run in a browser.

Has anyone tried compiling this on Linux? Hints for building either native binary or to JS would be also be welcome.