IGNORED

Ms. Pac-Man with Enhancements

MrFish

Is there any reason why this doesn't load on my system ?

600XL with U1MB, Sophia, AntiX (Both NTSC/PAL ANTIC setting do not work), loading the XEX from Sdrive-Max

It does show the title-screen fine, then continues to load after price fire, then after some time....just a black screen ?

600XL with U1MB, Sophia, AntiX (Both NTSC/PAL ANTIC setting do not work), loading the XEX from Sdrive-Max

It does show the title-screen fine, then continues to load after price fire, then after some time....just a black screen ?

Is the sdrive-max plugged directly into the 600xl? I've noticed that sometimes peripherals interfere with each other.

I was going to try some testing on various devices, including SDRIVE-MAX, last night but sometimes these things are impossible with a toddler in the house who doesn't want to sleep. I'll see if I have any better luck tonight.

• Like 1

Yes it is and there are no other problems with loading stuff so that's not it.

Tested on 800 / Incognito:

Transfer the executable to a SDX directory on SIDE"s HD partition, and load with X command. Even on Collen mode + Axlon emulation works in same way.

Anything else DOES NOT WORK / LOAD.

Tested on 800 / Incognito:

Transfer the executable to a SDX directory on SIDE"s HD partition, and load with X command. Even on Collen mode + Axlon emulation works in same way.

Anything else DOES NOT WORK / LOAD.

It seems there is a issue with the used hardware. The XEX-file boots fine with RespeQt from SIO2PC-USB, loads from a SDX hard drive and also from a game-menu disk on RespeQt and from a real disk drive.

mspac.atr

I got a minute to be able to test this morning! (Well, maybe five.)

I am seeing the exact same issue of a correct title screen and then loading to black when trying to load the XEX via SDRIVE-MAX (v0.9) on my NTSC U1MB 800XL. The XEX loades fine via SIO2PC, Ultimate Cartridge, and UNO Cart on the same machine.

Unfortunately I was unable to do any further testing this morning because toddler issues popped up again. I would like to give GoodByteXL's attached ATR a try on the SDRIVE later if possible to see if it produces a different result.

• Like 1

It seems there is a issue with the used hardware. The XEX-file boots fine with RespeQt from SIO2PC-USB, loads from a SDX hard drive and also from a game-menu disk on RespeQt and from a real disk drive.

This ATR version works !!! Thanks !!!

It loads a bit "strangely"....I mean loading sounds are different from usual Hi-speed SIO....but I don't mind as long as it works.

Has this been optimized for PAL ? I just played with NTSC ANTIC and colors look a bit washed out on the red ghost and the speed seems to be a little too fast compared to arcade....then again....it has been some time since I sold my Ms.Pac Man machine...... ;)

Has this been optimized for PAL ?

Not yet.

I just played with NTSC ANTIC and colors look a bit washed out on the red ghost

I haven't made any color changes yet.

and the speed seems to be a little too fast compared to arcade...

Tep392 was the only one that made any adjustments to the speed so far.

From what I remember, he only adjusted the speed of Ms. Pac herself. But he may have made other adjustments too. I'll have to check and see what's in the notes/tables he sent me.

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 2