IGNORED

Js99'er

Asmusr

Hi guys

Does anyone know if there is a precompiled executable binary available of the Angular version that one can use on Windows?

I am struggling to build using Angular and Typescript under Windows, and at this stage my only access to a Linux box is using Windows Subsystem for Linux, and building under there doesn't work.

If there is no executable available, is there anybody that has successfully built in under Windows?

Hi guys

Does anyone know if there is a precompiled executable binary available of the Angular version that one can use on Windows?

I am struggling to build using Angular and Typescript under Windows, and at this stage my only access to a Linux box is using Windows Subsystem for Linux, and building under there doesn't work.

If there is no executable available, is there anybody that has successfully built in under Windows?

If you just want to use the emulator there's no need to build it. Just go to https://js99er.net

Everything is running in your browser. There are no binaries since JavaScript is an interpreted language.

OK, cool. I will explain how to get the development environment up and running.

I assume you have cloned the git repository to a folder on your computer.

First you need to install Node.js. You can get it here: https://nodejs.org

Then you need to install Angular CLI: npm install -g @angular/cli

Change to the directory containing the source code and install the dependencies by typing: npm install

Now you should be able to run js99er locally by typing: ng serve

Go into a browser and enter the address as: http://localhost:4200

There are tons of other options, but try to get this working first.

If you now enter "ng build --prod" it will build the optimized version into the dist directory. This is the version I deploy to js99er.net, and it's a lot faster than the dev version you have been running so far.

You need a web server to run this, even locally. You can install a simple one with "npm install -g http-server". To run it from the js99er directory, just type "http-server dist". This will serve the js99er prod version at http://localhost:8080.

• 3 weeks later...

Small bug report, I think...

Using Chrome version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) on macos 10.13.6, the emulator always starts up with the bilinear interpolation filter turned on, regardless of the setting in the options menu. If I toggle the setting ("pixelated image") off and on, it does end up working, it's just a bit of a hassle to have to do this every time I re-open a js99'er tab.

Other than that, I love the new angular version.

Small bug report, I think...

Using Chrome version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) on macos 10.13.6, the emulator always starts up with the bilinear interpolation filter turned on, regardless of the setting in the options menu. If I toggle the setting ("pixelated image") off and on, it does end up working, it's just a bit of a hassle to have to do this every time I re-open a js99'er tab.

Other than that, I love the new angular version.

Thanks, this should be fixed now.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have been having some trouble while using js99er, though I don't know if it is my system or the emulator. I am running win7 with firefox. Here is what I've been experiencing:

1. Certain keys are not recognized by js99er. The colon/semicolon, addition/equal sign, and a few others. I can flip to the keyboard tab and click the 'button' on the TI keyboard picture and that works ok. I have tried changing the keyboard-related options to no avail. The keys are even unresponsive at the TI title screen.

2. I had a bug that modified R14 resulting in a subroutine returning to the wrong address, blanking the screen, and making the program seem unresponsive. When I tried pressing control keys within the program, instead of just doing nothing (or passing to the TI program) , Firefox started opening up dialogue boxes and menus corresponding to the keys.

3. Pressing the PC keyboard function keys sometimes causes all subsequent key responses to be shifted (I think by >80). Even resetting to the title screen didn't fix the problem - I could not select '1' or '2' for the cartridge options. The only way I found to return to normal was to reset js99er and hit ESCape at the TI title screen.

I know... strange stuff :)

I have been having some trouble while using js99er, though I don't know if it is my system or the emulator. I am running win7 with firefox. Here is what I've been experiencing:

1. Certain keys are not recognized by js99er. The colon/semicolon, addition/equal sign, and a few others. I can flip to the keyboard tab and click the 'button' on the TI keyboard picture and that works ok. I have tried changing the keyboard-related options to no avail. The keys are even unresponsive at the TI title screen.

2. I had a bug that modified R14 resulting in a subroutine returning to the wrong address, blanking the screen, and making the program seem unresponsive. When I tried pressing control keys within the program, instead of just doing nothing (or passing to the TI program) , Firefox started opening up dialogue boxes and menus corresponding to the keys.

3. Pressing the PC keyboard function keys sometimes causes all subsequent key responses to be shifted (I think by >80). Even resetting to the title screen didn't fix the problem - I could not select '1' or '2' for the cartridge options. The only way I found to return to normal was to reset js99er and hit ESCape at the TI title screen.

Yes I can see that the keyboard no longer works as expected in Firefox. I will try to get it fixed in the next update.

• Like 1

I have been working on a new keyboard emulation routine for a few days. It seems to be working now, so I have released it. This is based on relatively new browser technology that works in Chrome and Firefox but I'm not sure about Microsoft Edge.

I will use this opportunity to explain the difference between normal keyboard mode and PC Keyboard mode. The former is mapping physical keys to TI keys. So the key next to the tab key is always mapped to Q on the TI, although on an AZERTY keyboard this is the A key. In PC Keyboard mode, however, it is not the physical location of the keys, but the characters they produce on your PC, that determines which TI keys they are mapped to. So, for instance, when I press Shift+2 on my Danish keyboard, which produces a quote character, this is mapped to Fctn+P on the TI. This mode is more complex and therefore more likely to have compatibility issues with software, so you should always try to turn it off if you experience any issues. But for those of us without a US keyboard it makes typing a whole lot easier.

In this latest revision I have dropped the mapping of F1-F10 to TI function keys to avoid clashes with browser functionality. If anyone is missing this feature I could add it as an option.

@InsaneMultitasker: I'm not sure if this update will fix all the problems you have experienced, so please let me know how it works for you.

Edited by Asmusr
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am stumped, and missing what the function keys could previously do in PC Keyboard mode.

Could you please tell me what keys to press on an EN-US keyboard for FCT-4 (Clear) in PC Keyboard mode?

When not in that mode, it's simply ALT-4

On my machine, Firefox definitely has command of F3 (search) and F5 (page refresh), and Windows has the sinister ALT-F4 (close).

But I miss having F4 and F6-F9 for BASIC programming and games, respectively.

I am stumped, and missing what the function keys could previously do in PC Keyboard mode.

Could you please tell me what keys to press on an EN-US keyboard for FCT-4 (Clear) in PC Keyboard mode?

When not in that mode, it's simply ALT-4

On my machine, Firefox definitely has command of F3 (search) and F5 (page refresh), and Windows has the sinister ALT-F4 (close).

But I miss having F4 and F6-F9 for BASIC programming and games, respectively.

I thought you could use Alt in PC Keyboard mode, but you're right, it's not working.

The question is whether I should try to fix the Alt keys or reintroduce the function keys? Personally I like being able to press F5 to refresh the page, but I can also do it from the right-click menu.

I do like the function keys better, but don't know how difficult it is to override them.

Not sure if some cannot be overridden at all, depending on the browser.

I'm thinking keeping F5 as refresh would ultimately cause more frustration than overriding it (again if it's even possible to override). After all, a browser refresh instantly wipes out whatever you happened to be doing.

There is always CTRL-R or the GUI or the right click menu you mentioned to cause page refresh, and probably more ways than that. I just personally press your red reset button.

It's nice to be able to just press F4 on my keyboard to Break a running BASIC program.

Just my thoughts.

I do like the function keys better, but don't know how difficult it is to override them.

Not sure if some cannot be overridden at all, depending on the browser.

I'm thinking keeping F5 as refresh would ultimately cause more frustration than overriding it (again if it's even possible to override). After all, a browser refresh instantly wipes out whatever you happened to be doing.

There is always CTRL-R or the GUI or the right click menu you mentioned to cause page refresh, and probably more ways than that. I just personally press your red reset button.

It's nice to be able to just press F4 on my keyboard to Break a running BASIC program.

Just my thoughts.

OK, I agree. Function keys are back.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

You can now record videos with sound directly from js99er.net. Just click the Rec button to start and click Stop when done. You will then be asked where to save the video file (webm format). Works in Chrome and Firefox.

Edited by Asmusr
  • Like 4

Asmusr, have you considered packaging js99er for Sandstorm?

Sandstorm is a web app platform intended as a replacement option for Google Docs.

Existing Web apps can be packaged and added as installable apps on the platform.

There are currently 73 apps available for use on the platform.

You should check it out!

https://sandstorm.io

Here is a direct link to the packaging docs:

https://docs.sandstorm.io/en/latest/developing/

J

Edited by thej

Asmusr, have you considered packaging js99er for Sandstorm?

Sandstorm is a web app platform intended as a replacement option for Google Docs.

Existing Web apps can be packaged and added as installable apps on the platform.

There are currently 73 apps available for use on the platform.

You should check it out!

https://sandstorm.io

Here is a direct link to the packaging docs:

https://docs.sandstorm.io/en/latest/developing/

J

It's an interesting idea, but after looking at the documentation I don't think js99er is the type of application that would benefit from being available via Sandstorm. It is a pure client side app that doesn't need a server to store or share any data.

• Like 1

It's an interesting idea, but after looking at the documentation I don't think js99er is the type of application that would benefit from being available via Sandstorm. It is a pure client side app that doesn't need a server to store or share any data.

What about turning it into an electron application?

https://electronjs.org/

Not sure if this is a bug in js99er. If you open the debugger and set a view address (e.g. CPU memory >8300) then afterwards the keyboard doesn't work anymore in the emulator.

You can test it with Pitfall. Even if you press the "Reset" button they keyboard still seems to be disabled.

Either way, that's a fantastic emulator you have there. Very impressive! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: