IGNORED

Js99'er

Asmusr

The problem is that the virtual keyboard must generate keyboard events (keyup, keypress, keydown) to interact with js99er, but I don't think most virtual keyboards emulate the keyboard at that level.

On a mobile device you can get past a TI menu by tapping on the menu option character (e.g 1, 2, 3) - at least now that I have fixed it. :) You may need to zoom a bit in unless you have very small fingers. You can also use the joystick buttons in the toolbar for some very basic gameplay. On my Nexus tablet I can get into most cartridges and play a little at about half frame rate, but it's not a great user experience.

Yea ran into a snag with RPK version of RXB 2012 loaded then loaded BATCH file on DSK1.

When I typed:

CALL USER("DSK1.BATCH")

Got unexpected results as it just did not work at all. So big problem with the key scan routine as RXB uses that GPL access to KeyScan.

I'm not sure I understand, was it the typing that didn't work or something else. What is CALL USER doing?

Anyway, I just fixed a problem with the keyboard - the PC keyboard option was always ON disregarding the setting under Options - so perhaps it's working now?

I'm not sure I understand, was it the typing that didn't work or something else. What is CALL USER doing?

Anyway, I just fixed a problem with the keyboard - the PC keyboard option was always ON disregarding the setting under Options - so perhaps it's working now?

Nope crashes still.

Here is a Video of BATCH working.

• 2 weeks later...

I have reorganised the layout in the latest version. The tabbed pane is no longer associated with the main TI pane but with the secondary panes like Log, Disk Manager, Options and the new Keyboard pane. The latter is a virtual keyboard that I added seeing how well it worked in the native Android emulator. This overall layout works much better IMO and supports a future addition of a debugger pane, etc.

There is also a first cartridge version of Sabre Wulf under Preloads. I added some music and the remaining sprites from the original game.

See http://js99er.net

Rasmus

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot about this and on a whim last night I tried it out. It does not run in any browser (Isis, Advanced, or WebOS) browser on the TouchPad (who cares, right?) but it does run in Firefox hosted in ACL's Android 2.2 kernel. Albeit slowly -- I would expect better performance from a dual 1.8GHz processor, but whatev.

I noticed there's now a debugger in JS99er. Would be nice to know if there are any commands it accepts, for instance if it's able to display the contents of the CPU RAM page where probably many programs keep their most important variables. It would also be nice to know the joystick mapping. The cursor keys are obvious, but what is the fire button mapped to if the game in question does NOT use the KSCAN routine, which reponds to the Q key?

Another minor thing I've noticed when trying to record the times I played on various games is that JS99er does not currently have an icon or even a page title. I'm keeping my times by a self-written program that takes note of the title of the window in the foreground and tries to figure out what I did at that time. For Internet browsers, it tries to do that from the page title, however, for JS99er, it just records "Mozilla Firefox" because there is no page title.

Otherwise, nice work!

I noticed there's now a debugger in JS99er. Would be nice to know if there are any commands it accepts, for instance if it's able to display the contents of the CPU RAM page where probably many programs keep their most important variables. It would also be nice to know the joystick mapping. The cursor keys are obvious, but what is the fire button mapped to if the game in question does NOT use the KSCAN routine, which reponds to the Q key?

Another minor thing I've noticed when trying to record the times I played on various games is that JS99er does not currently have an icon or even a page title. I'm keeping my times by a self-written program that takes note of the title of the window in the foreground and tries to figure out what I did at that time. For Internet browsers, it tries to do that from the page title, however, for JS99er, it just records "Mozilla Firefox" because there is no page title.

Otherwise, nice work!

Thanks for the feedback.

The fire key is mapped to tab (like in Classic99). Joystick 2 is not mapped.

The debugger is really minimal at the moment. It has a disassembly and one breakpoint and that's it.

I have added a page title.

• 2 weeks later...

I have added a 'few' more cartridges to the Software menu (formerly called Preloads) under More..., see js99er.net (remember to reload, and to use Firefox or Chrome).

I think I got the collection from someone on this forum, so thank you if you know who you are. ;-)

I had my doubts as to whether I should put all this stuff onto the net, but I consider most of it to be abandonware or freeware and I don't believe there are any legal issues associated with this any longer. If you think something should be removed I'm happy to do that. I have only tested a few of the over 500 cartridge files, so there's probably lots that are not working.

Js99'er now also includes a very basic debugger that allows you to disassemble or browse CPU or VPD memory, to add a single breakpoint, and to step through the code.

If you prefer a bigger TI view without the side panel you can use this link.

Enjoy!

Sorry, I forgot to answer. I am using Firefox... but somehow the sound delay doesn't consistently appear. Sometimes it was up to 2 seconds, sometimes it's only a fraction of a second, and sometimes it isn't noticeable at all. This was, however, under the previous version, don't know if anything about sound has changed meanwhile.

I don't get a sound delay. Which browser are you using?

Sorry, I forgot to answer. I am using Firefox... but somehow the sound delay doesn't consistently appear. Sometimes it was up to 2 seconds, sometimes it's only a fraction of a second, and sometimes it isn't noticeable at all. This was, however, under the previous version, don't know if anything about sound has changed meanwhile.

I haven't changed anything to the sound emulation for a long time, but being programmed in an interpreted language my emulator requires more from the host computer than other emulators. The only parameter for the sound that I think could make a difference is the size of the buffer for generating the samples. I have now changed it from 1024 to 512 so you can see if that makes any difference (remember to reload).

Yes, there are a few not working, for instance, "Asteroids" calls for Joystick 2 which isn't supported. ;-)

Also I noticed that Parsec doesn't talk even though the speech hack is turned on.

The debugger now seems to be much more useful. I haven't tested it through though since I already caught that stack bug in Sabre Wulf. ;-)

However I noticed that the speed it displays varies from 60 to 62 frames per second, and in fact, if there's music playing, you can hear slight inconstencies in the framerate (in the rhythm of the music). I think this was better under previous versions, but I'm not sure about that.

By the way, thanks for the massive software library. Although there aren't really any titles among them that surprise me, I didn't know that Tursi converted some disk games to run from cartridge... that's at least interesting.

I have added a 'few' more cartridges to the Software menu (formerly called Preloads) under More..., see js99er.net (remember to reload, and to use Firefox or Chrome).

I think I got the collection from someone on this forum, so thank you if you know who you are. ;-)

I had my doubts as to whether I should put all this stuff onto the net, but I consider most of it to be abandonware or freeware and I don't believe there are any legal issues associated with this any longer. If you think something should be removed I'm happy to do that. I have only tested a few of the over 500 cartridge files, so there's probably lots that are not working.

Js99'er now also includes a very basic debugger that allows you to disassemble or browse CPU or VPD memory, to add a single breakpoint, and to step through the code.

Yes, there are a few not working, for instance, "Asteroids" calls for Joystick 2 which isn't supported. ;-)

Also I noticed that Parsec doesn't talk even though the speech hack is turned on.

The debugger now seems to be much more useful. I haven't tested it through though since I already caught that stack bug in Sabre Wulf. ;-)

However I noticed that the speed it displays varies from 60 to 62 frames per second, and in fact, if there's music playing, you can hear slight inconstencies in the framerate (in the rhythm of the music). I think this was better under previous versions, but I'm not sure about that.

By the way, thanks for the massive software library. Although there aren't really any titles among them that surprise me, I didn't know that Tursi converted some disk games to run from cartridge... that's at least interesting.

True that joystick 2 isn't supported. I don't know what I can map it to that is supported in JavaScript.

The speech hack can only speak from the resident vocabulary, and Parsec is using direct speech. Besides it only works in browsers that supports the speech API. It works with TI Scramble in Chrome.

I have restored the sound buffer size to its old value since I don't think the new value was an improvement.

The carts that say "Cart conv by Tursi" are just E/A#5 files that have been converted using his Makecart tool or the tool in Classic99. Tursi has not been involved in any of this.

Hi, I've a issue report:

Robotron 2048 does not read the keyboard on Chrome ver. 38.0.2125.111 m

Demon Attack: the browser reports error and the game does not appear in the menu after the boot

Thanks, I have added the missing Demon Attack file. The Robotron problem is more difficult. It reacts to the fire key (tab) but not to the keyboard. I will have to investigate what it's doing.

I just tried Robotron, and while the copy on the "Games" menu seems to be OK; the copy on the "More..." menu disintegrates as soon as the main game starts.

Oh, and I also got a sound lag again. The lag appeared after I paused the emulation and then restarted it (ending the pause with the Play button). After that I had a sound lag of about 0.5 - 1 seconds.

Edited by Kurt_Woloch

I just tried Robotron, and while the copy on the "Games" menu seems to be OK; the copy on the "More..." menu disintegrates as soon as the main game starts.

Oh, and I also got a sound lag again. The lag appeared after I paused the emulation and then restarted it (ending the pause with the Play button). After that I had a sound lag of about 0.5 - 1 seconds.

The Robotron cart file in the collection was corrupted, but I have fixed Js99er to be resilient to that now.

I don't have a cure for the sound lag, but if you look at SabreWulf I have now implemented some of the features you asked for:

- The player moves slower when using the sword than when not using it.
- After taking the red, cyan or purple orchid, you cannot use your sword for the duration the orchid lasts.
- After taking the red, cyan or purple orchid you're immune to enemy collision.
- When taking the yellow orchid, all enemies disappear.
- After losing a life with 1 extra lives displayed, the game is not over, but you have one more life while the extra lives display disappears.
Also:
- Slightly slower appearance of enemies
- Man blinking when condition runs out