IGNORED

Season 3/ Week 9 ~ The NEW HSC ~ River Raid

Vocelli

This game has me feeling rather philosophical. I know all the techniques for surviving. I know to shoot everything high on the screen, where possible. I know the angles. I know when to speed up and slow down. I know the feeling of flying at full speed to get to the next fuel, because fuel becomes rare at higher levels. I know that flying to the right of the forks is generally more advantageous. I know that getting to the next bridge alive is better than trying to shoot everything. I know the exhilaration of finishing the game with the exclamation points at a million. And I know that it all happened three decades ago.

I think it's like a retired major league pitcher who just can't throw that 100 mph fastball like he did in college. My aching wrist frustrates me, but the memories make me smile. And life goes on. And it's all good. :)

Cool reading.

So the right is really a better option, I was feeling that.

I never crossed the 100k barrier in River Raid before. This is one of the around 20 games and for some reason I was compelled to shoot everything every game.

The urge to shoot everything was so deep in me, I had to stop thinking I'm playing River Raid.

Beyond that, I had to finally learn how to approach and pass enemies. I don't know why but I couldn't figure out enemy's movement before.

I tried to overtake a stopped helicopter and suddenly -boom- it moved.

Many years later, I simply can understand the patterns much better.

This game reminds me when I was too young to pilot an aircraft. Good memories too. :-D

Ok...

In the bonus the plane must be respawned!

This is to make sure emulation and hardware play equal in the bonus.

5 Planes, 30k Minimum
6 Planes, 40k Minimum
7 Planes, 50k Minimum
8 Planes, 60k Minimum

As for the difficultly in the bonus.... Sometime life can be difficult. We all cant be rewarded all the time.

Sorry for the lack of updates.... My employees are being difficult! Grrrrrrrr!

Edited by Vocelli
  • Like 2

As for the difficultly in the bonus.... Sometime life can be difficult. We all cant be rewarded all the time.

That's perfectly fine with me. No need to change the bonus rules.

Who knows - maybe I have time for another high score run and then we'll see if I incidentally happen to end up with 6 lives at some point.

(edit): While you're at it, Vocelli: I am in the list twice. The 50k something score can be killed.

Edited by karokoenig

Well, 44,700 is at least improvement for the day.

post-29468-0-09180300-1399175475_thumb.jpg

47,910 and I'm calling it for Saturday night.

Hopefully I can crack 50K tomorrow, and get on the bonus board. I can reliably get 5 in reserve, but haven't yet gotten that 6th reserve plane allowing me to crash and photo-op @ 5.

Edited by DT Kofoed
  • Like 1

Its weird. I can almost one credit complete cave games... but I do absolutely terrible at this game. :/

I concur...prolly because in cave games things are shooting back at you..plus you can slow down the scroll here which always throws me off a bit.