Jump to content
JagChris

The Atari Jaguar source code thread

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Depends on what files, though.  Chuck Flog was also missing files, but I ripped them from the retail cart to get it going.

Right off the top it was missing several level directories altogether so I just moved along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 6:40 AM, Clint Thompson said:

Has anyone managed to compile the 3D (RENDER) demo and if so, do you mind sharing the makefile you used?

Give me a few days.  I've redone the Belboz SDK/dev env, which includes this, and I'm almost done cleaning it up for [re-]release, but busy at work this week.  The Makefile I use is lightly integrated with that env.

 

It doesn't work on VJ for some reason, but works on HW with BJL or skunk.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 9:40 AM, Clint Thompson said:

Has anyone managed to compile the 3D (RENDER) demo and if so, do you mind sharing the makefile you used?

I remember to have tried to compile this demo, using SMAC 1.0.18.

Unfortunately, I got internal error from SMAC when assembling some source code (such as GOURREND.S).

I will follow your efforts on this demo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dilinger said:

I remember to have tried to compile this demo, using SMAC 1.0.18.

Unfortunately, I got internal error from SMAC when assembling some source code (such as GOURREND.S).

I will follow your efforts on this demo.

 

 

SMAC is so full of bugs you'll never know if it is the code or the assembler.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Bubsy to save cart space all the files were packed - even the game itself. The rom had a bit of boot code which unpacked game.txt followed by game.dta and then just ran game.txt in ram.

The sprite files ( badly renamed bubsy_g.pp bubsy_g.spr ) have a headers at the start which is the Object list definition for a sprite so i can just update the position ( and y clipping ). Some objects are drawn with multiple sprites ( eg the cactus depending on the frame it could be 1 ,2 or 3 sprites ) and so calls DRAW_COMPLEX_SPRITE which call print_a_sprite_normal and the decide if its flipped , on screen x , on screen y ( might need y clipping ) or just plain displayed.
 

print_a_sprite_normal_no_clip:

    lsl.w    #5,d4                ;index into table entry
    movem.l    0(a0,d4.w),d4-d7
    lsl.l    #8,d4
    add.w    d1,d5                ;and the y position
    or.w    d0,d7
    jsr    ADD_OL                ;a0 returns with address to make an object at
    movem.l    d4/d5/d6/d7,(a0)
    move.b    #Q_BMO,O_TYPE(a0)        ;indicate type of object
    rts

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, posted my SDK stuff, which includes the 3D demo, though you have to be running linux, and you have to patch rmac first as detailed in the release thread:

Hope that helps.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...