IGNORED

Vectrex multicart bundle 112 games

madtronix

79 EUR shipped for a multicart bundle with 107 games:

-all original games (even Animaction)
-all unreleased games (incl. Mail Plane)
-all John Dondzila games and demos (classicgamecreations.com)
-VecSports Boxing by Manu (gooddealgames.com)
-Thrust by Ville Krumlinde (emix8.org)
-Nebula Commander + Revector by Craig Aker
-Minigame Bombenhagel (luchs-soft.de)
-Minigame City Bomber (anonymous)

-compatible with all vectrexes, even the problematic debuzzed EU Vectrexes

detailed game list here: http://www.madtronix.com/tl_files/madtronix/Madtronix%20multicart%20bundle%20game%20list%200.9.pdf

multicart_M1_M2_bundle_slim.jpg

multicart_bundle_closed.jpg

Thanks to all homebrewers for their permissions!

Edited by madtronix
  • Like 3

Yes.

I forgot to mention that labels for the cart cases are included aswell.

It fits in all vectrex cases that can be opened with a screw.

The reproduction cases currently on the market work perfectly with my slimcarts, we're not allowed to use them for multicarts though, that's why I made them in slimcarts.

If you put them in cases anyways, I could also give you 2 of the naked budget carts (+ stickers of course) for 10 EUR cheaper. They work exactly the same but lack the serial numbe, box paint and the fancy gold font and blob:

multicart_M2_budget.jpg

• Like 1

Could you confirm whether the City Bomber game included is my one? http://vectrex.playntradeonline.com/bomber.html

No it's by some anonymous coder.

I got it back then (2007) for release on the multicart.

See the video (have problems uploading now should be there in an hour or two):

madtronix.com/_public_downloads/city_bomber_by_anonymous.mp4

I want to make clear I'm just including it because I got it for free, not to make a statement or hype around it.

Back then I didn't know you made a game with the same title. If you want to I can explicitly stress that it is not your version of City Bomber (that's why I already wrote "by anonymous")

I asked everyone for their permissions to include the respective games, so it should just be games on it that are allowed to be on there.

Unfortunately, I think that it is Andrew Coleman's City Bomber, though I believe its a very early version. The version I have is different in a few ways but the title screen has the same logo, the plane is the same, the scoring is the same but I do notice that the title screen says "Written in 30 minutes" rather than "Andy Coleman 2007", buildings are drawn slightly different and there is no sound as the buildings are destroyed.

Ok that's very strange. I trust the person who send it to me to not bring me into trouble and that could definitely bring me into trouble.

I'll send you the binary, if you could confirm that it is indeed your code?

And a recent update on the cart is that 2 games (Tsunami and Omega Chase) and 3 demos (pop, 8ball and phillys classics) are not included anymore, obviously they were not public daomain even though they're lisited as PD at the usual sources. so it's 107 games now.

Edited by madtronix

Hi,

John is right. I made this clone years ago after taking on (and winning) a bet where i said this game could be written in 30 minutes.

It was never released before since it was a result of a bet rather than an actual release of some sort, but i gave john permission to include it onto his multicart when he asked.

I think i based it off screenshots that were available before the release, so i would assume the building and such would look a bit different as i really didn't put a lot of time into writing the game.

- Martijn

PS> Just let me stress there is nothing wrong with blitz-type games itself, because there are fun and i even made a similar type of game for the odyssey2 a little while ago.

Edited by superogue

I stand corrected. It's uncannily similar to the early version of City Bomber that i wrote, even down to the style of buildings! I salute your speed-programming skills Martijn :)

I'm now off to write my own version of Colorclash in 15 minutes..... (joke!!)

Andy.

@Pootle, we'd love to see more Vectrex stuff from you in the future. @Superogue, you too. I'd love to see STIP. And I think people would pay for the additional overlays. Why don't you ask Kristoff how many people buy all versions of his overlays rather than just one?

Madtronix, since you have the OK from the publisher are you planning on upgrading the version of City Bomber to the full release from Andy? Just curious.

Way off topic but Superogue - any news on Astro Dodge for the Master System? Is that one still on?

Edited by mkiker2089

@pootle Thanks for being a great sport. And yes, a simple styled Colorclash would be very doable as well in less than an hour ;-) I usually waste way too much time in polishing, music, etc... Worst offenders are Debris Revisited and Shifted, i literally spend months and months perfecting those

@mkiker2089 - Yes, as a SMS collector (complete EU collection) i would love to release a master system Astrododge, its about 70% done at this point. Please all hassle Madtronix about finishing his SMS pcb designs so i can release it :P

Also, i really would like to get back to some vectrex projects this year, but the last few months i've been incredibly busy with my indie-games projects for PC and nextgen (follow me at @bitstormgames or facebook.com/bitstormgames for more info).

Not sure if Stip! will see a release any time soon since doing overlays is a lot of work, but there are a few projects laying around since 2008 that need a final touch so they can get out there :P

An alternative to you personally making the overlays could be offering kits to make your own or at least including the overlay files with the game so people can make their own, that is unless you'd planned to make screen printed ones instead of the transparency film and laminating sheet method. With so few platformers for the Vectrex, I think it'd be nice to see STIP available to help fill that rank.