IGNORED

CBM PET in music video!

Likely spotted in a few TV shows / movies / videos I just noticed a CBM PET in the background of Pete Shelley "Homosapien" (1981) music video.

http://youtu.be/2HwmO_GZfzI

* I thought I recalled a topic of computers (perhaps consoles?) in movies / music/ tv but could not find it? I really tried, if a mod knows of it feel free to please move this post to that thread, THANKS.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

Retro-synth enthusiast Nathan Cooper, a.k.a. Kid Kasio has one in his studio and it appears in a number of his videos.

I didn't know that this was the same Nathan from The Modern/Matinee Club. I won a The Modern 7" autographed by Nathan, Chi and Emma from a South London record fair in 2006. Good times.

I didn't know that this was the same Nathan from The Modern/Matinee Club. I won a The Modern 7" autographed by Nathan, Chi and Emma from a South London record fair in 2006. Good times.

It would appear so.

By the turn of the century Kasio began looking back for his musical inspiration and set about forming The Modern with school friend Chi Tudor Hart. Taking their cues from the sound and aesthetics of the early 80’s they captured a mood, that with the popularity of bands like The Killers and Franz Ferdinand was suddenly in vogue, and two years later they were signed to Universal and working with producer Stephen Hague (Pet Shop Boys, OMD, New Order) on their first album.

Source: http://www.kidkasio.com/#about_sec

Edited by UKRetrogamer

If I recall correctly, Pete Shelly has a PET on the LP cover of the album from which this song comes from. I've seen it a few times when thumbing through second hand records, but despite the Commodore fan I am, I could not muster up the $4 to buy the album just because of the sleeve art. Now if there had been a naked woman on the cover, $4 would be nothing... :-P