IGNORED

The Onion hit a bit too close to home here ...

Flojomojo

HE HE HE

Well.. My Wife just offered me her Darth Vader pez despeser she has somewhere for me "Be a total loser that you could be"..

ain't love great....

:D  :D

My wife bought me one of these around the time Phantom Menace was released. We own two unopened Vaders and two Stormtroopers.

Sigh... geek love!

The Onion's always funny until it's talking about you. ;)
:lol: My thoughts exactly. And that's a Playstation 2 controller in his hand, with a stack of modern games behind him. Aside from the bit about the Scooby-Doo marathon, it could have been about me. :ponder: And everyone else posting here ... :P

Well, on top of the stack is either a Sega CD or an Orotsukidoji DVD - either way, that's scary in and of itself.

I am currentlly in the process of suing the onion as this story is my unauthorized biography and they have only changed the names but I know that they are talking about me. I did not authorize them to post this story.

Don't be surprised if they end up having to remove the link to this story once my lawyers send them a desist letter.

• Like 1

I was reading the Onion story with images turned off - trying to save bandwidth at work - and posted a link to the story to my wife... she replied... "and WHAT T-shirt are you wearing today?". I didn't understand why she'd ask that, at first... "My Superman T-Shirt, of course. Why?"

• Haha 1

The older I get the more I realize that there isn't as much of a difference between being a kid and being an adult.

The basic drive for recreation and fun are just part of the human condition from birth to death. It's just that this manifests itself in different ways in different age groups.

Considering the various damaging ways that purportedly mature adults often pursue their gratification (booze, sex, gambling, drugs) I'm not sure clinging to harmless childhood hobbies is such a terrible thing.

• Like 1

It's the picture with that story that kills me... Outlaw displayed prominently on the TV screen!

(That sure doesn't look like a 2600 controller on his lap though!)

this is not a parody, and that is not a staged photo, it is a true news story. i'm sure the controller has been modified to play with the 2600 system.

man, next thing you know, you guys will be saying that the moon landing photos were faked. :roll: :roll:

It's the picture with that story that kills me... Outlaw displayed prominently on the TV screen!

(That sure doesn't look like a 2600 controller on his lap though!)

this is not a parody, and that is not a staged photo, it is a true news story. i'm sure the controller has been modified to play with the 2600 system.

man, next thing you know, you guys will be saying that the moon landing photos were faked. :roll: :roll:

Are you missing the joke, or am I? :ponder:

I was reading the Onion story with images turned off - trying to save bandwidth at work - and posted a link to the story to my wife...  she replied... "and WHAT T-shirt are you wearing today?".  I didn't understand why she'd ask that, at first... "My Superman T-Shirt, of course.  Why?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too funny :D

• 16 years later...

Funny story.  I didn't realize how old this thread was until a few replies down.

I have about 400 Atari 2600 games. 

I'm over the going to bed anytime I feel like it part.

I don't collect any other items from my childhood.  But I still own a ton of football and baseball cards.

Edited by Atarian7
more info
  • Haha 1