IGNORED

ColecoVision Flashback System

@David... did you happen to notice whether or not the Sega Flashback had wired controllers at Wally World? The wireless ones really suck! :(

Sorry, I didn't. The Sega system as after my time, so I don't have a ton of interest in that one. I'll try and remember to check next time I'm there.

Do the ATGames Segas with cart ports still have issues with saving properly?

They never had such issues, I believe. The trouble I think you're thinking of is when playing rom images off SD card in models not equipped with original cartridge slots.

Edited by Atariboy

The Dollar General website now has all the Flashbacks available today. Free shipping too, since they're $40.

Well for whatever reason, I never got my stock notification email.

Nice, and there's a typo on the product page:

"62 Built in Games with the Antarctic Adventure game EXCLUSIVELY for Dollar General."

Should I sue them for false advertising after I get my Coleco and find to my horror there's only 61 built in games? :rolling:

Also nice they tell me after I've placed the order, I will also receive special offers and promotions with no option to opt out. Spam sucks! :mad:

Edited by stardust4ever

I have heard from my friend who is a manager at a Sam's Club that units of all the Flashbacks have been received in some Sam's Clubs. Still nothing in his (Cleveland, OH area) or mine (Citrus Heights, CA) though.

Yeah, I was in the area and so checked my Sam's Club today. Nothing still. I'll check again Monday.

Any chance that you could post a picture of its box? No Sam's Club close to me, so I'm having a relative pick one up for me once reports start appearing of people finding them at Sam's Club. I'd like a picture so I can send it to her so she knows exactly what she's getting.

Also, did it stick with the wireless joysticks or are they wired like the Wal-Mart special edition?

They were in two different Sam's clubs I stopped at yesterday, in the video game section under the Skylanders stuff. Both stores only had the Atari Flashback 5 at this time. Talked to a clerk at both locations, neither had any info to offer other than 'closer to christmas' for the other Flashbacks.

I also stopped by a Dollar General and found a very helpful long-time (7 years or so) clerk there. They grabbed the November store layout book, and to confirm Darrin9999's info, it does show the endcaps are to be placed *no later than November 7* according to the associate. In the book, it shows there will be the Genesis, Genesis Portable, ColecoVision Flashback, Intellivision Flashback and the Atari Flashback *4* on 2 shelves from the floor up on an endcap. No idea why they are carrying the 4, unless it's a misprint but the website is selling the FB5. So who knows til they're on shelves I guess. :)

Here's what I found to be the interesting part of what I was told: Most stores will likely only get a few cases of 2 units of each model I was told. They're expected in stores on this week's truck so they can be on shelves by November 7th as the monthly book dictates. However, these *ARE* on the Black Friday specials ($26 each they thought, but didn't look it up while I was there), which can be bad depending on the store manager. They stated the deal is simply "a lot of stores won't put these out at all until Black Friday since they're an ad special. We usually don't, because we need to make sure we have stock on hand when the ad comes out. You'd be amazed at how mad people get if we're out of something in the ad."

That said, they said they appreciated me being cool about asking and not being pushy and asked for my phone number to call me if they showed up on this week's truck as expected and they'd hook me up. Woohoo! The clerk seemed to know their stuff, so I believe it to be accurate (otherwise I wouldn't bother posting about it!), but don't hate me if somehow it's not dead on. More to come if I find anything else out, of course! Happy Halloween!

Edited by Murph74
  • Like 1

FINALLY!!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you -- the Sam's Club edition of the Colecovision Flashback! :-D

I finally found it today when I stopped in at Sam's Club during lunch. They were where I thought they would be -- in the toys section. More specifically, right under the small section of modern video games and accessories that they had. The units were on a pallet on the floor, under the shelf where the video games were. They were not there on Wed, so they either just came in yesterday or this morning.

As indicated to me a month ago, they got 12 of the Flashbacks in. I was the first one to grab one. Price was $39.88 with my membership card plus tax. The two cashiers at the register when I checked out were impressed by it. They had never seen it before and asked what it was and if the games were built in.

I only took pictures of the differences for this version that I am aware off. If someone wants me to compare something please let me know.

1) First picture -- the top of the box. You can see the Sam's Club logo in the top left corner and the 'bonus overlays' decal on the bottom right.

2) Second picture -- close up of the Sam's Club logo where you can read the text about the bonus overlays.

3) Third picture -- the overlays that were included in the pack. The extra overlays are:

Aquattack, Gateway to Apshai, Miner 2049er, and Quest for Quintana Roo

4) Forth Picture -- a close up of a part of the manual where it mentions also that bonus overlays are included.

5) Fifth Picture -- a close up of the 'bonus overlays' decal on the front of the box

Question -- is the plastic from the overlays supposed to be removed?

Haven't tried it yet, but my impressions of unboxing it are the same as everyone else here. The manual DOES contain some tips on playing the games on a HDTV set, so I intend to try it both on my main 42 inch HDTV TV and a older 32 inch CRT that I have.

There was no sign of the Intelivision Flashback yet -- or any other FB's at my Sam's Club. Based on comments that others have said, it seems like each store is getting in different FB's at different times. Very confusing! I'm just going to have to check on Monday.

If anyone happens to find a Intelivision Flashback at a Sam's Club before I do, please let me know....I'll probably ask you to pick me up one. Now that I found one finally I want the other! :P

post-24464-0-37774000-1414798995_thumb.jpg

post-24464-0-57627700-1414799651_thumb.jpg

post-24464-0-36081300-1414799658_thumb.jpg

post-24464-0-14461500-1414799665_thumb.jpg

post-24464-0-17413200-1414800500_thumb.jpg

Edited by SoulBlazer
  • Like 3