IGNORED

Season 3 / Week 10 ~ The NEW HSC Club ~ Tapper

Vocelli

I don't get how to send drinks without someone at the bar who just refuse to take 'em...!

it's too fast, I can't get to every row.

I've tried sending just 1 drink per row, 2 per row, and 3... seems 2 works best and then try to get 1 more drink down for the remaining lushes left.

post-3059-0-41800600-1399382686_thumb.jpg

51,625I don't get how to send drinks without someone at the bar who just refuse to take 'em...!

it's too fast, I can't get to every row.

Did you see NorthCoastGamer's tip (name change though). I quoted it, because it is the best tip in the game, "DON'T move forward down the bar after throwing a drink, the customer will always throw it back."

I will add, that if you throw drinks to the patrons before they reach the halfway point, they will usually go all the way off screen. The longer you wait, the more likely that you will have to collect empty mugs (you can still send a quick drink immediately back, before collecting the empty and dash up/down throwing 2 drinks to the other bars, then catch the return mug and repeat if necessary)

• Like 1

Does the game difficulty increase if you do badly on the Root Beer mini-game?

Not that I could tell, but I usually get the 3,000 pt. bonus. I only see the difficulty increase as the number of customers/longer you take to finish a level, and of course as you increase in levels. You need to get those bonuses though, as 3,000 points represents 60 Cowgirls, 40 Sportmen, 30 Punks/empty mugs, 20 Aliens, or 3 completed levels.

Try focusing on the top or bottom of the cylinder, and only on the non-shaken one. If you filter out the other movement, it is easier to follow the one bottle, as usually it doesn't move twice in a row and the mini game doen't get any faster unlike the Arcade version.

The mini-game is the easiest part of the game. Just number the cans from left to right 1-6 and count off each one as he shakes it, then keep your eye on the untouched one. It never moves very quickly. That's a boatload of easy points.

Like Cap said, the difficulty increases the longer you linger on a given screen and if you charge the bar to clear drinks (the BIG no-no). And, of course, the overall difficulty ramps as you increase in level.

Not as good at tracking my score while I play as the Captain, there.

Also, never going to try this on keyboard again, or I'm going to break my f*lippin* keyboard!

Regardless, here's an increase and a poker score:

100,800 +4-of-a-kind

post-29468-0-00793500-1399402687_thumb.jpg
  • Like 3

Just noticed your picture. Looks like a nice clean screen image you've got there, without the weird vertical coloring banding I get with my S-Video mod'ed 4-switch Woody. What machine are you playing with, what's your connection running through, original or mod, etc etc? Inquiring minds want to know...

[also, I see what you did there, about the 'bar']

I am running an s-video modified Sears Video Arcade II.

I did this during a live stream. During the live stream, the stream gets the s-video feed, and I get the composite feed.

A simple lowering the exposure level on your camera will remove the lines. Also helps if you turn all the lights on in the room and then take the pic, with no flash.

A simple lowering the exposure level on your camera will remove the lines. Also helps if you turn all the lights on in the room and then take the pic, with no flash.

Those annoying lines are part of the TV image, not in the camera. So. Either my S-video mod is bad, or there's something happening inside my HDTV when it interprets the analog signal... Looks like yours is hooked to a CRT, so I guess I won't know where my problem resides until I get my hands on a CRT again and plug it in.

[picture from my last post is playing through Stella because I wanted to listen to my NPR stream in the same room, and didn't feel like grabbing my tablet from wherever I left it]

Edited by DT Kofoed

post-34560-0-42977800-1399406850_thumb.png

I just figured out I can charge up the bars to collect mugs. so far it hasn't helped, only got me beat up, but I need to learn to use it, I think in cases where there are several mugs comin' atcha!

3 of a kind!

Those annoying lines are part of the TV image, not in the camera. So. Either my S-video mod is bad, or there's something happening inside my HDTV when it interprets the analog signal... Looks like yours is hooked to a CRT, so I guess I won't know where my problem resides until I get my hands on a CRT again and plug it in.

[picture from my last post is playing through Stella because I wanted to listen to my NPR stream in the same room, and didn't feel like grabbing my tablet from wherever I left it]

It all depends on the HDTV. The Atari works perfectly fine on my DLP projector.

I used to do the simple Atari video mod for people, and that would have mixed effects on HDTV's. It worked 100% with CRT TV's.

It could very well be your HDTV. I'd recommend going out to goodwill, buying a cheap CRT for $20 and testing it out. :)

AWESOME score Botbird! I got my work cut out for me I see. :)

Edited by keilbaca

Oh dear. I'm having a bit of a problem. My Tapper cart is locking up in the middle of every game I play. At some point, when a new level starts, the game will lock up and patrons will appear above the taps (see pic). The game will then proceed to devour any lives I have remaining. GAME OVER.

Has bit rot claimed my game? I have cleaned it repeatedly and cleaned out my VCS, but to no avail.

:spidey: :? :(

post-409-0-78341600-1399521749_thumb.jpg

Oh dear. I'm having a bit of a problem. My Tapper cart is locking up in the middle of every game I play. At some point, when a new level starts, the game will lock up and patrons will appear above the taps (see pic). The game will then proceed to devour any lives I have remaining. GAME OVER.

Has bit rot claimed my game? I have cleaned it repeatedly and cleaned out my VCS, but to no avail.

:spidey: :? :(

[sad face]

But, wait, no Harmony back-up?!?