IGNORED

Atari running CoCo's NitrOS-9

While looking for information on the Cloud-9 Technology SuperIDE, I came across their Liber809 module, which replaces the 6502 CPU and 16K ROM and allows an Atari port of NitrOS-9 to be run.

Being both an Atari and a CoCo collector, I'm thinking this may be a fun experiment in "Hybrid" 8-bit technology but I'm anticipating defamatory comments from the Atari die-hards here.

Thoughts?

http://www.cloud9tech.com/

post-25357-0-06325400-1399092583_thumb.jpg

Edited by UKRetrogamer

• 4 years later...

Liber809 is certainly interesting, but I really don't find this very appealing and I'm a CoCo fan.
The only thing it runs is Nitros-9, and it replaces the 6502, meaning the Atari strictly becomes an OS-9 box.
If it let you switch between 6502 and 6809, or ran them concurrently, then it would prove a lot more useful.

I hope to be a Coco 2/3 owner shortly, and I'd just as soon have it and my Atari side by side doing their own thing. (Of course that thing the Atari will be doing is running the Apple II emulator! ;) )

But I'd certainly be open for a discussion of it. I have other Atari's I might do it to just for shits and giggles.

I just think it would be stupid to do it to your only Atari. Just get a Coco or another Atari. So I say to UKretrogamer, go for it on a second Atari and keep your main Atari's identity and personality unscathed.

Edited by Gunstar