IGNORED

spare parts...

Rolo

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a working system rom (RO-3-9502-011) for my dead Intellivision model 3999. It's U9 in the schematics.

And I'm wondering, why there is no thread about trading and swoping spare parts. Or did I just not find it? :)

The systems are getting old and I think, there should be lots of dead Intellivisions out there. If we started offering spare parts, it would be good for all of us. Each dead system can help to keep a few others alive.

I do not want to throw away that Intellivision and I do not want to kill another one for the chip. If I blindly bought another one on ebay, I might end up with another one with the same error. Even if not so, what would I do with the remaining parts? Throw away, again?

How do you repair your devices?

Does anybody know a good resource for spare parts, that does international shipping?

Thanks!

-Rolo

Hi Rolo,

I have three or four PAL Intellivision consoles and not one shows signs of old age yet - knocks on wood - but it surely is a good idea to set up some spare parts central. Sadly, one of my ColecoVision power supplies wants to say good bye in the foreseeable future, but there's not really much to do in this case.

Greetings to beautiful Augsburg!

Hi Moonsweeper,

if mine would be failing, I would carefully open up the brick and have a look inside. If it's not the transformer itself, it should be easy to replace the bad part. Probably it is not a component but the soldering that is ageing. I have to pull out mine and have a closer look, what's inside. Probably conventional, non switching, 78xx based(?).

Or, If you look around, you'll find some guys in this forum, who have spare PSUs.

Do you know Augsburg?

Thanks for the heads up, Combat Commando ;) It's still working at the moment, but begins to fail on specific cartridges. There are many european nuts around, so maybe they can set you up with your needed system rom.

Augsburg is pretty nice. Had a look around the city while on the way to Frankfurt/M. - there is a nice Konditorei with tasty cakes on market square, if I remember correctly.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...