• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. My Classic Computer

• Sits around gathering dust
    • Gets used rarely
    • Gets used often
    • Gets used daily
    • N/A - I answered NO to question 1
  3. 3. I use my Classic Computer for (check all that apply)

• Play games
    • Programming
    • Telnet on the Internet or Browse the Web
    • Home Automation
    • Home Finance
    • Home Business
    • Word Processing
    • Music
    • Graphics
    • Nothing - It just collects dust
  4. 4. I have my Classic Computer because

• Nostalgia
    • Hobby
    • Other
    • N/A - I answered NO to question 1
  5. 5. My Classic Computer irritates my wife/husband

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care
    • N/A

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I have a real, NON-Emulated Classic Computer

1984 Apple IIc and 1986 Mac SE (for my 1980's machines)

I use my Classic Computer for (check all that apply)

Games of course, but even though I do most of my classic programming using emulators (write in modern software, copy paste to emulator) you can never be sure exactly how things are going to run on the real metal ... same with graphics, the apple II video system is never right on emulators, its damn close but not 100%

I have my Classic Computer because

Nostalgia first, grew up with the apple II's, hobby cause I just like messing with old machines

My Classic Computer irritates my wife/husband

nah she is fine with them, as long as I am using them and they dont multiply too quickly

I am really sorry-but I checked this link and all it seems to show is a lot of non-descript s**t, luckily there were some ti99/4a pictures among them ;)

Yeah, well it was just to 'images' of classic computers. What really shocked the hell out of me was seeing my very own TI-99/4A starting right back at me. Who would have thought that a generic search in Google for 'classic computers' would turn up mine!

Yeah, well it was just to 'images' of classic computers. What really shocked the hell out of me was seeing my very own TI-99/4A starting right back at me. Who would have thought that a generic search in Google for 'classic computers' would turn up mine!

Spooky!!!!!

Atari 1200XL-used often; gaming, word processing, home business, demos, graphics, music

Atari 800XL-down for repairs

Atari 600XL-down for repairs

Atari 1040STf-down for repairs

Atari 520STfm-down for repairs

Apple IIc-collects dust

Apple Power Mac 6150-collects dust

Apple Mac G4-just starting to use

Apple Powerbook Duo 280-collects dust

Laser 128-down for repairs

TI 99/4A-down for repairs

Edited by Gunstar

I've sold a few over the last couple of years. Down to:

c64 (my original from when I grew up) - in the closet, haven't powered it up in a long time.

Apple 2c - in the closet, haven't hooked up in a couple years. Did play some games on it last time I fired it up.

XEGS (sort-of a classic computer) - hooked up, used for games only. I did type in a BASIC program about 3 years ago just for un.

I have them for nostalgic reasons, and because I love the games. I would say "hobby" also, just don't have time.

Wife doesn't really mind them, although she's been on a big "anti-clutter" crusade the last year. Out of sight, out of mind for her.

Edited by BydoEmpire

I've found that Atariage posts often shows up very high on google searches. I've noticed pics of mine show up on the top of the list when I'm trying to find images of projects similar to my own. A few years ago when I was searching for more info on some of my projects I kept finding my answers on Atariage threads that would show up on the top of my search. I finally said hey maybe I should become a member.

• Like 1

I've found that Atariage posts often shows up very high on google searches. I've noticed pics of mine show up on the top of the list when I'm trying to find images of projects similar to my own. A few years ago when I was searching for more info on some of my projects I kept finding my answers on Atariage threads that would show up on the top of my search. I finally said hey maybe I should become a member.

Yeah, I've just noticed that too. This is a great place to hang out, and that's one of the reasons I became a subscriber, well that, and the fact that since I'm here daily I'd feel like a cheap b $ta d if I didn't subscribe. I mean really, it's only $2.50 a month! I can spend that much on one coffee, but Atari Age gives me a whole months worth of entertainment.