IGNORED

For Trade or Sale: Nice Boxed Espial Tigervision 2600

Well I wanted a fun rare game of similar value. Seeing as this is an Atari forum, maybe an Atari Jaguar System (doesn't need to be perfect). There are many more games that can interest me though, so don't be shy to make an offer. I also collect Nintendo Game & Watch games!

Edited by keiffer_cm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well you had offered me 135, and quite frankly yes I do believe it is worth more. Check this out;

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/281404932147?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Espial-Tigervision-Complete-in-Box-CIB-Atari-2600-Game-System-/141371513399?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item20ea661a37&_uhb=1

Yes the last one does have the manual but it sold in a day at a buy it now price, and the first one is cart only.

This is the same one we had previously talked about. I believe the ones I have last shown are best reflective of the current value and demand as they both ended in august just a few days ago around the same time. There are people willing to spend over 200$ on the game at a buy it now price in the same shape as the one you have shown to me in a single day after it was posted. And the loose cart I have shown to you was sold higher than your offer, and that was as an auction. My cart is mint except for the missing manual, and the box is very straight.

I am sorry for not giving you any response, as I did have other offers at the time that were better but they all kept showing me that single auction you have just sent again (at the time it was the only sold one), so I couldn't justify it's value and demand. So after waiting instead and seeing others go for auction, I have now gotten a better idea of how much some collectors are willing to pay for this.

I've never fully understood why sellers are so adamant about getting the max Ebay prices when they sell on a website other than Ebay. It's important to remember that Ebay will take about 15% from the sale of your item, leaving you with 85% of the selling price. Also, if you use the auction format, there is a chance your item will sell at a price significantly under the maximum price a similar item recently brought. You can't just look at the maximum prices anyway... you also have to consider the lowest prices.

If you feel the game is worth more why not auction it on Ebay and see what the market brings? Personally, I'd bet that the $135 offer isn't too far off from what you will end up with in your pocket if you sell it via an Ebay auction (assuming the game brings between $160-$180). At least just state what you want for the game, as it's very obvious you already have a number in mind.

I sell quite a bit of stuff by avoiding Ebay, choosing instead to knock the 15% off of my asking price and sell via an enthusiast-based online forum, giving a fellow forum member a great deal, and still ending up with the same amount of money in my bank account for the item. Always trying to get the highest price (as based on completed Ebay auctions) is best accomplished by using Ebay, but even then, the only party in the transaction that is benefitting is in fact Ebay. The extra money the item brings will be lost by the 15% final value fee.

Then again, I simply like to avoid using their auction service as much as possible as I feel their fees are too high. Still, it's your game, and you are most certainly free to choose your preferred sales method.

Edited by Retro-Z
  • Like 2

Thanks for the tips, I should have mentioned that I only accept Paypal as a payment also to avoid scammers. I am not expecting the max price at all, but I am also not expecting 135$ out of a game that I know can sell for a little more. Considering the recent auctions and that I don't have the manual, I am honestly looking at 160 for it. Hope this clears everything up, Thanks.

Or this one. With the manual(unlike yours) sold at the time I made you an offer.

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=161308320889

Don't care wether you would want to accept or not. It was a serious offer.

Most people would at least reply and decline the offer or counter offer.

Thats two and a half times what I offered for it and I still got a response, lol. He must not like you :P

• Like 1

Thats two and a half times what I offered for it and I still got a response, lol. He must not like you :P

Hahaha I'm not hating on anybody!:P You were one of the first to offer me something, I just felt after a while that I should just wait to see if there are others that do sell that to better compare it to as most offers that I got were too low for my taste. Basically at 160$ shipped it is gone, I really want to buy that Rayman game so bad. Or if someone is willing to trade a copy of it I will trade. :)

If someone made me an offer of $135 on an item I wanted $160 for - the first thing I would have done is contact and negotiate - especially since there is only $25 in it. Very rarely do people offer their maximum on a 'make an offer' style sale.

It is always polite to respond regardless of the offer, unless it is offensively low.

• Like 1

At that time I wasn't settled for 160, I didn't know how much to really sell it for so that's why I started the topic as a make an offer type sale. But now that I do have a better idea this is the price I am asking. He first came to me without saying he was interested in buying saying I that was expecting too much for it and that I should sell it for 110$ at the most. So it was weird to me that he later came out of the blue and offered me 135$ for it. But yes as I have previously said I should've replied to his offer, thanks for the tip.

Edited by keiffer_cm

At that time I wasn't settled for 160, I didn't know how much to really sell it for so that's why I started the topic as a make an offer type sale. But now that I do have a better idea this is the price I am asking. He first came to me without saying he was interested in buying saying I that was expecting too much for it and that I should sell it for 110$ at the most. So it was weird to me that he later came out of the blue and offered me 135$ for it. But yes as I have previously said I should've replied to his offer, thanks for the tip.

I'm not sure why you feel it's okay to talk about what was said in private messages. If my offers were absurd that would be one thing. If I felt everyone needed to know what I was going to offer you I would've put it in the thread nor in a PRIVATE MESSAGE. It really is no ones business other than mine and yours.