IGNORED

For Trade or Sale: Nice Boxed Espial Tigervision 2600

I'm not sure why you feel it's okay to talk about what was said in private messages. If my offers were absurd that would be one thing. If I felt everyone needed to know what I was going to offer you I would've put it in the thread nor in a PRIVATE MESSAGE. It really is no ones business other than mine and yours.

Bah, nothing is private around here. Anything you type be prepared to have posted, that's the rule of the internet :D Such as when he responded to my PM in which I offered $50 he said he was looking for $120 to $150, pretty much exactly what you offered, lol.

This is why make an offer sales suck! Too much going on behind the scenes and someone always ends up pissed :thumbsdown:

Bah, nothing is private around here. Anything you type be prepared to have posted, that's the rule of the internet :D Such as when he responded to my PM in which I offered $50 he said he was looking for $120 to $150, pretty much exactly what you offered, lol.

This is why make an offer sales suck! Too much going on behind the scenes and someone always ends up pissed :thumbsdown:

Exactly, I didn't know what to expect when I messaged you guys before the other sales happened, so I couldn't find an accurate price range as to how much to sell it. But it's still pretty much in the same range though, as at 160$ I ship it also. In other words it ends up like at 150$+ 10$ shipping, don't believe I'm scamming anyone here :P

Anyways no hard feelings for anyone, just trying to sell this and get myself a copy of Rayman. :) Played that game to death when younger, but still not enough for my taste. ;)

No one thinks you're scamming. When you start a for sale thread, you need to have a price in mind. In my opinion, all offers should be addressed. I also would say, anyone's offers in a PM are not to be shared with the public.

Think of it this way, if the next guy who sells this item next looks at old threads. He now knows that my offer to him of $125 is not the highest I am willing to go. It kind of screws the guys giving you an offer.

In the end, I don't think you'll get $160 here, but much stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

In the end, I don't think you'll get $160 here, but much stranger things have happened.

You mean like someone wanting to trade a Jaguar Rayman for an Atari 2600 Espial? :rolling:

Monetarily, might be "worth" it (too bad Espial's manual is missing) - but us Jaguar owners pretty much hold Rayman in the highest of esteems. :)

You mean like someone wanting to trade a Jaguar Rayman for an Atari 2600 Espial? :rolling:

Monetarily, might be "worth" it (too bad Espial's manual is missing) - but us Jaguar owners pretty much hold Rayman in the highest of esteems. :)

Well they are two completely different types of games from different generations, so hard to compare. Of course Rayman is the bigger game with better graphics and all, but it doesn't seem near as rare as Espial. The people looking for Espial obviously know it is more of a collectors piece, this isn't a game for the casual gamer to buy. For these reasons as a trade I believe they do balance out. I also obviously don't expect someone on an Atari forum to willingly break their collection and trade their Rayman for this unless they do have a spare copy. :P

To be quite honest and not from a sellers point, I was quite stunned by Espial when I first played it. I think it looks and plays very well for an atari 2600 game, it's definitely one of the best shooters in my Atari 2600 collection imho.

• 1 year later...

But thing is when the guy sold his case, they got in the hands of collectors. He sold them for very cheap, and now that the collectors are clinging to them and aren't selling them, they are very hard to track down in the wild. People who missed that chance to buy a new one for cheap will have to spend a pretty penny to obtain any copy now.