IGNORED

Rom, back-ups and Marketplace *comments*

Yurkie

1. There is a thread in the 7800 forums where a cartridge is being sold with commercial Atari 7800 roms. This seems to be acceptable.

2. People sell replica cartridges with original commercial roms on them. This seems to be acceptable

3. Homebrewers sell ports of commercial games ported to various video game consoles, make cartridges and sell them. This seems to be acceptable.

However there is the pinned thread here on Marketplace that prohibits these very things.

The only instance that I have ever seen where this is enforced is when someone sells a multi-cart and includes an SD card with roms on it.

When a multi-cart is sold the cartridge is the sale item, and the roms are a free bonus to the buyer.

When cartridge is made with commercial roms on it the ROMS ARE THE SALE ITEM and the cartridge is just a means of conveyance.

I believe this double standard needs to be eliminated.

Comments?

Comments?

As a guest on a privately owned and managed web site in which I have no ownership or control over, I tend to play by the rules stated by its owner or those who have been delegated to exercise or enforce such authority.

Whether I believe the rules are fair or not, I wouldn't twist or try to tarnish the reputation of others or their work in my quest to prove my point or to get a point across.

I try to take heed of good advice given to me - like pursuing matters via PM - instead of trying to make a spectacle or ‘rally the troops’ in justification of my actions and/or viewpoint.

• Like 3

I try to take heed of good advice given to me - like pursuing matters via PM - instead of trying to make a spectacle or ‘rally the troops’ in justification of my actions and/or viewpoint.

Especially seeing as Yurkie's main purpose on this site is clearly not to participate but to profit. If he does not like what happens along side while he sells, sells, sells

his products on the forum I personally think it would be a good choice for him to leave the site and not come back. That would be the ultimate protest of his stance on the matter.

I guess you didn't read my post in the other thread? :? Rather than take my advice to discuss this in PM's, you have now created a whole separate thread about this for your own public edification??? Way to go...I can already see where all this is going. I sincerely hope that the juice is worth the squeeze on this one.

Especially seeing as Yurkie's main purpose on this site is clearly not to participate but to profit. If he does not like what happens along side while he sells, sells, sells

his products on the forum I personally think it would be a good choice for him to leave the site and not come back. That would be the ultimate protest of his stance on the matter.

Profit is about right, all his crap is waaaay overpriced. And on the other side we have someone handing out free devkits to developers like Bob and Rev.

Piss off, Yurkie.

If this effort was in good faith, it would have started as a respectful PM to Al and company. You don't start off a legit request for someone else's website by publicly denouncing those running it as having double standards.

You've put peoples backs up against the wall now, so the effect of this could well be a clamping down of homebrews based on classic titles, repros, etc. If that was the intended effect, well played.

I hope the rush of righteous indignation was worth the loss of reputation.

Edited by RevEng
  • Like 4

I guess you didn't read my post in the other thread? :? Rather than take my advice to discuss this in PM's, you have now created a whole separate thread about this for your own public edification??? Way to go...I can already see where all this is going. I sincerely hope that the juice is worth the squeeze on this one.

I am asking a legitimate question politely about what I feel is a double standard.

I forgot the way to do things is either "kiss ass" or "look the other way"

Anyway I said what I felt needed said. Have a good day.

I am asking a legitimate question politely about what I feel is a double standard.

Anyway I said what I felt needed said. Have a good day.

Starting with just asking a legitimate question would have been nice, but that's not how it started.

Wow, Yurkie...Just wow. Have a good day, indeed. :|

• Like 1

Or keep it private, as a PM between the parties who give two shits...advice that I and many others here suggested. :roll: Instead, you are just coming across like a jackass....sour grapes and all.