BTW

Thanks Bally-Midway, thanks Wratchild ,Thanks Atari,TM of its

owners, etc

Thank you ALL !!!!!!!!

Thank you ALL !!!!!!!!

Thank you ALL !!!!!!!!

Thank you ALL !!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Is the 5200 version updated? I just assumed it had a fancy title screen added and that is it.

I assumed an update since the first post said 64K, says "see for yourself what it adds" and the file is named Rampage +.

IIRC, the 8-bit version worked on 48K machines. With all the updates to 5200/8-bit games in recent times, I thought this was an update too. If not, then I'm not interested. I have the original Rampage for the 8-bits, but it pales in comparison to the 7800 and ST versions. I'll just keep playing those versions.

Edited by Gunstar

You have wait till after the player selection screen goes away before pressing fire.

Nope... I waited until the demo started just after the player select and it still crashed Altirra. I use the shift key as primary fire if that has anything to do with it? Also, this is the first of these conversions where I have to select the 5200 32k Banks 64 and it doesn't choose that automatically as the others have?

This is what someone else told me regarding this particular game when running it on atarixlbox (which is based on a800).

it just takes several seconds of being on the character selection screen before you can start a game, so I would press a wrong button which would cause it to crash. If I just wait and press button 1 or 2 (I think), it starts the game just fine.

I think by default Altirra uses the left shift key as the upper fire button - and there was a bug in the initial Rampage conversion where that was configured to cause a break key interrupt without the vector being set. I think that is what you are seeing here. In the initial conversion there was also an issue with you getting stuck if you jump off left or right and end up at the edge of the screen. I've just tried this version and that bug is present too. So it looks like this version was based off the initial Rampage conversion and not the final one Wrathchild released here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223049-rampage-conversion/?p=2945929

I think by default Altirra uses the left shift key as the upper fire button - and there was a bug in the initial Rampage conversion where that was configured to cause a break key interrupt without the vector being set. I think that is what you are seeing here. In the initial conversion there was also an issue with you getting stuck if you jump off left or right and end up at the edge of the screen. I've just tried this version and that bug is present too. So it looks like this version was based off the initial Rampage conversion and not the final one Wrathchild released here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223049-rampage-conversion/?p=2945929

Fixed Version Attached