IGNORED

1988 cartridges with rolling screens

cybermarco

Today I got 20 new cartridges. They needed some cleaning, but even after that 8 of them won't work. They all have rolling screens ( see pictures). I tried them on both my 4switch woody as my 6switcher on different channels. All of them are from 1988. Are they not compatible with my older 2600's? For example, the silver lable ms pacman and digdug won't work properly, but older silver labels in my collection with the same games work fine. I've got three Desert Falcons from 1988, but all have the rolling screen!?

post-38424-0-15757800-1399565710_thumb.jpgpost-38424-0-37503300-1399565751_thumb.jpgpost-38424-0-86309700-1399565802_thumb.jpg

Edited by cybermarco

YOU WERE RIGHT! The tv was the problem (sony Trinitron). I tried them on another one and they all worked. Strange that only the newer ones won't work on this tv. Never had the problem with the 70 cartridges I owned already. Now 8 in one lot.

Thanx for your help!

• Like 1

I had a similar problem with a Toshiba TV, but someone on these board posted a solution that worked for me. Turn on the Atari while your TV is on another input, then switch to the correct input while the game is already running. That fixed my interference, static, and black and white picture on my Colecovision, 2600, and. PC Engine.

• Like 1

I had a similar problem with a Toshiba TV, but someone on these board posted a solution that worked for me. Turn on the Atari while your TV is on another input, then switch to the correct input while the game is already running. That fixed my interference, static, and black and white picture on my Colecovision, 2600, and. PC Engine.

Thanx, I'll try that. If it works, it's better than moving around tv's. I like playing on my 'modded' Trinitron :-)

post-38424-0-70025700-1399611621_thumb.jpg

Edited by cybermarco