IGNORED

Atari 8-bit Hardware Prices?

Tempest

In the next few months I'm going to start selling off my Atari 8-bit hardware. Most of the stuff I own is boxed, but some of it is loose like my 1029 printer. Testing and taking pictures of all this stuff is going to take time, but you can see some if what is going to come up in my game room pictures:

gameroom_v4_8.jpg

gameroom_v4_9.jpg

Is there a price guide for 8-bit hardware? I really don't know what to ask for most of this stuff and "make me an offer" doesn't seem to work so well. Some of it is NIB, some of it is boxed but used, some of it is loose, but almost all of it is on really good shape. A general idea on what this stuff might be worth would be a great starting point.

• Like 1

A general idea on what this stuff might be worth would be a great starting point.

It will be trouble with [rices. For example - in Europe Atari 400, Atari 800 and Atari 1200XL was less than in US. So it will be higher price. But in US are less Atari 65XE/130XE/800XE, and in US that models will much higher price than in Europe. Edited by Sikor

All my stuff is NTSC.

eBay is the route I usually go for general pricing ideas, but you don't see a lot of boxed 8-bit hardware on there (or if you do it's priced so high it never sells). Still, it's a place to start.

It will probably be at least a month before I get around to selling this stuff.

You don't have to turn on classic computer and gaming hardware for them to "function." When I walk into my vault of stuff (I have a bit of boxed stuff, too) I just feel good feasting my eyes on all that candy. I get the same feeling looking at the pictures of your game room. Walking into a room with all that boxed stuff is like going back in time to its era, while simultaneously taking a spirit-lifting antidepressant!

Nice stuff, there!

You might be in luck, software has taken a huge dive (outside of some disks..), it almost looks like 8-bit hardware might be on a rise.

800's, boxed, $60-120, loose $40-$70

800xl's boxed $60-120, loose $40-$70

400's $30-80 boxed and loose

600xl's (dime a dozen), $30-60 boxed

1050's $20-60, $75 boxed

810's $30-70, $100 boxed (nice though)

of course condition, etc. plays an important part. But at some point hardware must go up as the year's progress. This stuff is getting old and in need of rebuilds.

This is just what I've seen. Though a few boxed 800's have gone for a little more these days. :)

Funny thing about the Dell: The 5.25" floppy is probably worth as much as most Atari 8 bits. It's probably worth more then all the other parts in the Dell too including the monitor. Honestly I have more then I need *BUT* I still keep an eye out for them. Same holds true for 720k drives. They were used in a number of music and industrial systems and don't have a cheap replacement. I think I have about four 360k 5.25" HH and one or two FH drives left which should last me the rest of my life. :) I'm a little short of 3.5" 720s but I don't need that many. Still missing a 5.25" 1.2 meg which I would like to have on general principles.

If you're giving up the hardware, what about any of the software :) :) :)

The carts (and disks) are going too, once I get my hands on a Multicart solution (I think TheCart! might do the trick but I need to test that out). But pricing out 8-bit carts is going to be a huge pain. About half of my carts are boxed, the others loose. I've got some rare stuff (boxed Bristles for example) but nothing I think you need. Still, carts will happen after hardware. I've started with my utility carts, but I'm not seeing much interest which makes me think the cart market is weak right now.

The Dell has to stay as it lets me write 5.25" floppies and serves as my DOS machine.

Couldn't tell me model but looked like the same case design as the GX110 that I used to install at work when I worked for I.T. around 2000 ish. Solid machine.

Couldn't tell me model but looked like the same case design as the GX110 that I used to install at work when I worked for I.T. around 2000 ish. Solid machine.

Yes it is. I like it because it's fast enough for late era DOS and win. 98 games, but can slowed down to IBM XT speeds if needed (I think you hold down / or something at boot)

Which utility carts do you currently have up for sale?

Lots of OSS stuff and a few odds and ends like R-Time 8 and Microfile. The thread is here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/224550-hard-to-find-atari-8-bit-utility-carts-for-sale/