IGNORED

30th anniversary 7800 MultI Cart #1

atari181

There is no plan to make any more of these, if you are referring to this project.

How many shells do I need? All of them, unless they are crappy looking and have paint, scratches and marker all over them. Bob's project is going to be the #1 priority, when I get all the parts and enough time to make that many, this stuff is time consuming, people always forget that. Probably because Albert has elves working for him.

post-29022-0-60095100-1400464789_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Funny. So he sells you a batch of bad chips and then takes a public shit on the project you bought the chips for? Sounds fishy to me..

I thought that was very funny, it would indeed be a very strange coincidence, if that was the case (which I highly doubt). :lol:

I just received my cart in today's post. I will fire up my original dev modded 7800 (Which btw has always had issues with Choplifter! since the beginning of 88 when I first got my 7800) and a newer one that I installed the LHE AV mod in. I will let you know the results.

Okay after testing the two 7800s I have quick access to. I can confirm that both my original 84' dev os modded 7800 and a slightly newer one with the LHE AV mod applied both have problems with Xevious and Choplifter! Xevious is just a scrambled mess like when a cart is dirty or not seated all the way, and choplifter looks fine until you move the joystick to the right.

Also while the other games still appear to play okay, my dev os modded 7800 produces this on the title screen when switching it on:

Again the actual games contained in that graphic mess work just fine you just can't tell what games they are until you choose a line?! LOL!

On my other 7800 without the expansion port the menu looks fine and only Choplifter and Xevious fail to work properly.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

All have paid and been shipped except for 1 cart. The member has until 12:00 AM tomorrow to pay or at 12:01 on WED it will be the first alternate.

Thanks, again for all of your help 181!

And for the info update. (The first post shows 10 unpaid, but I would not update it as that would just single someone out.)

I think it is agreed that the Choplifter program used is questionable, but odd as it works for some people.

The Xevious is what? Bad batch of microchips?

The long run of 2600s have different components over the years, but operate mostly the same.

The 5 or 6 revisions of the 7800 in its short lifetime seem to have many different operating parameters.

I'm glad I have 2 different revisions.

I wonder if it will affect the XMs when they come out? (Possible nightmare?)

Ah what the hell? according to my online tracking :

May 13, 2014 , 9:03 pm
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
CLEVELAND, OH 44181
Your item has been processed at the origin sort facility at 9:03 pm on May 13, 2014 in CLEVELAND, OH 44181.
That's nice, really wish these guys in CLEVELAND, OH 44181 would get around to getting that over to me here in CANADA.
I am trying to be patient but I wanna play and do a video! Hope it does not sit there to long, don't know why everything I order from USA needs to be delayed so long, IT'S A FRIGGING CARTRIDGE, OK IT'S COOL AND ALL, STOP STARING AT IT AND MOVE IT ALONG ALREADY. :mad:

I blame CANADA! ;)

Keep me informed as to what happens please.

Anyone else having the same problems?

Thank you I appreciate that. On a good note there has been some movement so that must be a good sign. Checked recently to see this:

Your item was processed through our ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) facility on May 27, 2014 at 10:45 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Hopefully I will be enjoying this before to long.

@atari181

Just to chime in, received the cart today lol. Post marked May 13th. Took it's sweet time but happy to say it is in my hands. THANKS. :thumbsup:

JUST TO BE CLEAR.

I hope to have time to test it thoroughly soon, now been reading through posts, just to be clear, are ALL the carts effected with some non-working titles? Or errors/ glitches? Sorry, I am just not clear on if this is particular to certain systems? I guess I just want to know, do any of these carts work perfectly (every title working correctly) for anyone? I have only one 7800 system so I guess I will see, I was just highly anticipating as I do not often buy homebrew carts it was disappointing to read some of the problems. Of course I will report my own findings as time permits.

1m8hSZK.jpg

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

It looks like 10 carts will work perfectly except for Choplifter may have some problems on some 7800s. Xevious seems to not work on the set of 25 Bad EPROMS that CPU got screwed on. If anyone wants to return the cart because of these problems, I will Gladly refund your money and original shipping cost. I will then go down the list to see who would like to purchase it.

TO ALL THAT KEEP POSTING

THERE WILL BE NO MORE OF THESE MADE!

• Like 1

It looks like 10 carts will work perfectly except for Choplifter may have some problems on some 7800s. Xevious seems to not work on the set of 25 Bad EPROMS that CPU got screwed on. If anyone wants to return the cart because of these problems, I will Gladly refund your money and original shipping cost. I will then go down the list to see who would like to purchase it.

TO ALL THAT KEEP POSTING

Fair enough thanks for the info. I will decide what I want to do once I have had the chance to test my own but foreseeing more then a few not working I will just save the trouble all around and keep it, I mean it's STILL one of the original batch and a treasure either way. Might just stick to established homebrews (ie: known working) in future as I do not get the opportunity to pick these up often. THANKS.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

TO ALL THAT KEEP POSTING

I sure hope these "bad" EPROMs don't affect the PMP cart I just sent off my money for... :_(