IGNORED

100 cartridge club

Noah98

249 unique games, but I cheat a little and include many of the Sears games in that - if they have a different end label name. Take a dozen or so off that total if they don't count. ;)

Add in 10 Zellers pirates and 28 PAL/Euro pirates as well. I could see making a hobby just out of collecting pirate games. Easy enough to play too, if you have an old monitor that has adjustable V-hold (like an old Commodore monitor). It's kinda cool that they actually had games released that we never saw, even if Pac-Kong or Lilly Adventure or Mr. Postman are pretty shitty. My all time favourite is the missle command pirate I found from Germany called Raumroboter - it has Macross/Robotech art on the label! Quite possibly the single coolest 80s thing I own.

I'd actually be curious if folks would add one thing to these posts - highest AA rarity they own. Mine is Master Builder ( 8). Couldn't believe I saw it when I found it in a garage sale box. Spectravision games (esp. the rare ones) seem to be a bit more common in Canada - I've seen at least 2 copies of Gas Hog floating around in various collections, I just didn't want to pay a ton of money for the other 50-100 carts they were being sold with. Of course now that I look, the AA entry mentions this. :D At least I'm not the only one who's noticed this.

Edited by freeweed

Just updated: 118 games, and another 17 repeated :), you know, some extras Pac-Man and Missile Command.

My rarest games are a loose Atari Video Cube and a Swordquest: Waterworld with manual and hints guide :grin:

I really need an updated picture of my Atari collection ;)

249 unique games, but I cheat a little and include many of the Sears games in that - if they have a different end label name. Take a dozen or so off that total if they don't count. ;)

Add in 10 Zellers pirates and 28 PAL/Euro pirates as well. I could see making a hobby just out of collecting pirate games. Easy enough to play too, if you have an old monitor that has adjustable V-hold (like an old Commodore monitor). It's kinda cool that they actually had games released that we never saw, even if Pac-Kong or Lilly Adventure or Mr. Postman are pretty shitty. My all time favourite is the missle command pirate I found from Germany called Raumroboter - it has Macross/Robotech art on the label! Quite possibly the single coolest 80s thing I own.

I'd actually be curious if folks would add one thing to these posts - highest AA rarity they own. Mine is Master Builder ( 8). Couldn't believe I saw it when I found it in a garage sale box. Spectravision games (esp. the rare ones) seem to be a bit more common in Canada - I've seen at least 2 copies of Gas Hog floating around in various collections, I just didn't want to pay a ton of money for the other 50-100 carts they were being sold with. Of course now that I look, the AA entry mentions this. :D At least I'm not the only one who's noticed this.

Mr. Postman is a great game

I just joined your prestigious club ;) Total I have about 173 games, 113 of those being unique cib. The rarest I have so far I guess would be Miner 2049er II. My favorite game though is River Raid, mostly for nostalgic reasons.

I've been studying up on the games as I get them and the Swordquest series has really fascinated me. The games themselves (so far I only have Fireworld) I don't find all that fun, but the comic with the puzzle and then the competitions with the prizes of a talisman, chalice, crown and philosopher's stone worth 25,000 each! and then the grand prize of the Sword of Ultimate Sorcery!! Wow, what a concept, what a cool pulling together of different elements to make an awesome gaming experience. Too bad they couldn't finish the series and contests.. oh and what an IDIOT to melt down the talisman!! Sorry if by chance said IDIOT is a member of AtariAge and offended by THE TRUTH, but such desecration spawns hostile feelings.

Well moving on, a lot of fun learning about these games, can't wait to see what else comes up on my radar.

I think I have 477 unique games. I had about 15 repros made of the most expensive games. I also had carts made of all the Flashback 2 games, as well as NTSC carts of some of the PAL-only games, and various homebrews purchased from this website. I still need 36 more PAL-only games made into NTSC cards before I'll feel my collection is complete. (To me)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just hit 140 with some new pickups. Local store finally got in some more games!

Added to my collection:

1. Joust

2. Star Ship

3. Ghostbusters

4. Dolphin

5. Q-Bert

6. Dig Dug

I also scored Carnival for the Colecovision and Soccer for the 5200. All games were $1 each.

Last I counted I was at 240... counting Atari Age cartridges of course. I have very few duplicates- usually the ones I have are same game/different name Sears/Atari type stuff... there's still plenty of stuff out there for me to find; I prefer to get my carts in the wild as opposed to buying them on e-bay or what have you... well, with the exception of the Atari Age homebrews, of course. I'm sure I'll have to eventually start getting the rarer stuff online... but maybe I'll get lucky.

Not sure how many I have, but I need to ask...How would you count...

- those double-enders that have two games, but if you have three cartridges and two of them have three games between them? (That is, they both have one game in common)

- How do you count the Harmony cart?

The double enders are almost always listed as "one" cart. It's not the game count that matters. Think of the 32-in-1 cart or things like that. Most collectors count that as "one".

And I count a Harmony the same as any other multicart - one. Although I personally don't include homebrew/recent stuff in my "official" lists. They're just a nice extra.

YMMV

• 3 months later...

Right around 200, not counting 4 duplicates sitting on my scanner (since when you have a lot, you forget what you've got!).

Counting homebrews and 7800 titles, I might be approaching 200, but I gotta check. Sad really, my Atari collection appears to have exceeded my NES collection. Well blame it on cheap Atari games... :P

Edited by stardust4ever