IGNORED

100 cartridge club

Noah98

Counting homebrews and 7800 titles, I might be approaching 200, but I gotta check. Sad really, my Atari collection appears to have exceeded my NES collection. Well blame it on cheap Atari games... :P

I wasn't counting the 7800 titles I have, which is 25 I think, just the 2600 titles. NES for me is probably six...

Memory here since I'm not at home: Dig Dug II, SMB, Othello, DK/DKjr, Ms Pac, and... uh... unsure ATM. Do have a second DK/DKjr I'm not counting.

Nice. SMB is required material for any Nintendo fan. DK Classics and MS Pacman are awesome btw and some of the best home console ports. Do you got the Tengen (black cart) or Namco (licensed) version of MS Pacman? They're totally different games (black version is funner). ;)

Do you got the Tengen (black cart) or Namco (licensed) version of MS Pacman? They're totally different games (black version is funner). ;)

I'm home now, thanks for the reminder to look, and it's greater than 6 (and the spare DK/DKjr):

Dig Dug II, Yoshi, SMB/DH, Tengen Pac-Man, Tengen Ms Pac-Man, Klax, Burgertime, Othello, DK/DKjr, Mario Bros.

Edited by themushroom

My Atari 2600 total is 311.

That doesn't count label and title variations, nor rereleases of the same game by a different company, except for Atari's 32 in 1, which I counted as 1. I counted the Xonox double-enders as 4, because there are 4 unique Xonox games across 3 double-ended cartridges. The total also includes 20 homebrews and reproductions. I counted Stella's Stocking as 1.

The NES games are too buried to count at the moment, but I would guestimate I have about 100 unique games there.

I'm home now, thanks for the reminder to look, and it's greater than 6 (and the spare DK/DKjr):

Dig Dug II, Yoshi, SMB/DH, Tengen Pac-Man, Tengen Ms Pac-Man, Klax, Burgertime, Othello, DK/DKjr, Mario Bros.

Solid collection you have there. All great games except I've never played Othello. Also the original Dig Dug was better but it was exclusive to Famicom. Dig Dug II is not a bad game by any means. Keep it up!

Also if you like Yoshi, you'll love Yoshi's Cookie. Nothing in common besides both being puzzle games featuring Yoshi, but Yoshi's Cookie is so yummy, I crave cookies everytime I play... :P

Edited by stardust4ever

My Atari 2600 total is 311.

That doesn't count label and title variations, nor rereleases of the same game by a different company, except for Atari's 32 in 1, which I counted as 1. I counted the Xonox double-enders as 4, because there are 4 unique Xonox games across 3 double-ended cartridges. The total also includes 20 homebrews and reproductions. I counted Stella's Stocking as 1.

The NES games are too buried to count at the moment, but I would guestimate I have about 100 unique games there.

Yeah start counting multicarts as multiple "games" and before you know it, you'll get a fully loaded Harmony and count it as 1000+ games...

Double Enders are a different beast however since they are actually like conjoined twins with separate ROMs and cart pins. I'm not even sure if the PCBs are connected or totally separate...

478 including label variations, which account for very few since I only kept them if they happened to come as part of a lot. I haven't collected for nearly ten years, though, and my boxes of carts are in an attic 8,000 miles away from where I actually live...

Edited by IBP

478 including label variations, which account for very few since I only kept them if they happened to come as part of a lot. I haven't collected for nearly ten years, though, and my boxes of carts are in an attic 8,000 miles away from where I actually live...

How'd you count them all if you live 8000 miles away? :P

I have somewhere around 170 unique titles. Picked up Sentinel and Dark Chambers the other day and did a little organization. Been trying to separate unique titles from my duplicates, sort of hard to do after many years of disorganization and all the label variations. I know I have some other unique titles in a duplicate box somewhere...

post-12776-0-33608200-1420056729_thumb.png

post-12776-0-23933100-1420056747_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just was working on updating my list... 394, though I need to go back and do a physical-to-list comparison again as I think there may be a few things I've missed. Everything that's a major variation is counted in that, so Atari text, Atari pic, Sears text, and Sears pic are all included in the total.

If you count Sears versions and foreign versions of the same game as not being duplicates, I have I believe about 625 games. This is not including label variations. There may be a few boxes in the picture that are duplicates. They just ended in the piles. The large bookshelf in the wall actually has another row of games underneath the Parker Brothers. The shelves of loose games is actually 2 deep I believe, possibly 3. I can't get up to that spot. I added a few other photos that have just piled due to not fitting on the shelves.

I forgot, I think Boing was my last acquisition, but that was probably at least 5 years ago.

Phil

post-1349-0-04710400-1421894650_thumb.jpg

post-1349-0-89497100-1421894662_thumb.jpg

post-1349-0-96881100-1421894671_thumb.jpg

post-1349-0-50702600-1421894679_thumb.jpg

post-1349-0-05521000-1421894686_thumb.jpg

post-1349-0-82417200-1421894692_thumb.jpg

Edited by Philflound

• 3 years later...

It's nearly Halloween, so I'm bringing this thread back... From. The. D E A D. Hahaha! :evil:

I've recently joined The 100 Cartridge Club.

I'm currently sittin' pretty at 103 unique titles, not including label variations--of which I have about six. Or homebrews--of which I have exactly six.

Most recent acquisitions came via a nice 8-cart batch I bought from esteemed AtariAge member Chris Leach. He sold me: Skate Boardin', Fast Eddie, M*A*S*H, Time Pilot, Kung-Fu Master, Enduro, Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi, and Robot Tank. He gave me a fair price and everything was in tip top shape.

In case you feel like shopping, his For Sale thread is ===> here. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I only have 43 including 2 homebrews. For me it's about quality over quantity. Did my due diligence by watching many YouTube videos and reading a few reviews. Compiled a list of the games I wanted, which started out even shorter but got added to several times and sought out the games online and in local stores. Took just a year to track them all down but now I consider my Atari collection complete. It could have been a few more but I also have a Colecovision and so some games I have for that system instead. Frogger and Tutankham for example. Likely the only additions to the Atari and my Colecovision for that matter, will be new homebrews.

I only have 43 including 2 homebrews. For me it's about quality over quantity. Did my due diligence by watching many YouTube videos and reading a few reviews. Compiled a list of the games I wanted, which started out even shorter but got added to several times and sought out the games online and in local stores. Took just a year to track them all down but now I consider my Atari collection complete. It could have been a few more but I also have a Colecovision and so some games I have for that system instead. Frogger and Tutankham for example. Likely the only additions to the Atari and my Colecovision for that matter, will be new homebrews.

This. Take it from someone who has around 700... I play about 50-60 of them, the rest are nice to have but rarely played.

It's not a race to see who has the most. It's all about appreciating what you have.

• Like 1

I guess I belong here too, 163 games (not counting variations) 177 (counting variations and homebrews) I also do not have a picture of the whole collection as it is a bit of a mess at the moment but here are some highlights!
-Gas Hog (Also have the manual)
-Sir Lancelot/Robin Hood
-Gremlins
-Hin Seng Missile Command, looking to get as many hin seng games as I can.

Also have Q*Bert's Qubes coming in the mail, should be here next week.

post-52670-0-03427000-1540511326_thumb.jpg

I have 178 unique games. All are commons. Beamrider is my only R5. I have played maybe 130 of them but will play them all some day soon. I like to keep them scattered on the floor in front of my CRT and old 2600. My most recent additions include Eggomania and Taz.

post-40881-0-21653200-1540514482_thumb.jpeg