IGNORED

Jagflation

SabertoothRetro

I know that Jag prices are inflated the last few years but this is quite a bit off the mark. $1,000 for a CIB Jag/CD with a pro-controller, team tap, Baldies and Myst. Check it here:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/vgm/4461456970.html

Yeah, that's crazy... he also lists everything there as "like new" but that doesn't mean that they ARE new... (except for the team tap and the pro controller).

That's like a $300-400 dollar deal right there I would figure.

I've been following the more expensive Jaguars on ebay these past 2 weeks... they don't sell... even the $120+ ones are not selling. Yet they keep re-listing them as if they are going to sell. I asked a few of the sellers why they were selling for so much more than the new Jags at Best, and their responses were pretty rude.

Realistically he's only a few hundred bucks off if you were to individually source the items off ebay at current market prices. To get all this stuff would run you 600-800 bucks..

How do I figure?

Jag closed in box w manuals $200

Jag CD closed in box w manuals $300

Pro Controller in box $110

Memory Track $50

Team Tap $20

Baldies $40

Myst $30

Grand total= $750!!! (ish)

Jagflation indeed!!

Now, I don't understand... why doesn't the current Atari company sell things like this? They could easily set up a print-on-demand shop somewhere and not have to spend any money on stock. I'd love to have a mug printed for myself, but places like Cafe Press won't print trade marked and copy righted material.

I think that's Buddies' you know.

One of the Jag scenes more prolific collectors. What he hasn't got with the words Jaguar on, isn't worth owning most probably. Dude practically (at one point) could have opened a fully-fledged Atari Jaguar museum.

Think he's calmed down a little now.

($80 mugs excepted)

If you mean Jaguar-branded items... current-day "Atari" doesn't want anything to do with the Jaguar. So, it won't happen outside of fans creating their own etc...

So I can legally get my own mugs printed with the Jaguar logo on it for someplace like Cafe Press?

Maybe someone still holds the trademark, so I don't know if it would be 100% legal, but Atari definitely doesn't care.

They do care however about people using their name and logo, even for non-commercial purposes. So the Jaguar logo is OK, but the Atari one isn't.

If this isn't OK, I'll take it down. I couldn't find any place that had customizable black mugs, so I went with Zazzle that has two-tone mugs. Let me know what you all think.

http://www.zazzle.com/jaguar_coffee_mug-168227719380081950

Doesn't seem right. You need to add the word "CD". That'll justify a %100 increase in price.

• Like 3

Doesn't seem right. You need to add the word "CD". That'll justify a %100 increase in price.

Well, I don't have a CD so that would feel a bit like lying. ;-)

Zazzle lets you customize the colors and type of mug. I think I like this one:

jag_coffeemug.png

edit: although you do have a point. Zazzle's prices are outrageous. Here is the image you can use to make the mug. http://image.geekytechguy.org/plog-content/images/barrettgames/atari-jaguar/jaguar_coffee_mug.png

Edited by xucaen