IGNORED

Jagflation

SabertoothRetro

This makes me wonder, who are the people that are paying these exorbant prices for these games? Are they collecting it for fun (like us) who play them, but also just like collecting them... or are they some kind of serious collector who's actually trying to make an investment (if that's even possible with video games?)

I would assume that a developer would keep one or two or three copies of a game themselves... you just never know when someone helps you out or begs profusely... PLEASE PLEASE PELASE sell me one, and they may have a couple of that they decided not to sell, and of course, wanted to keep one for themselves. But for the limited distribution, it just wouldn't make a lot of sense I think. I just wonder who's actually BUYING these games.

here's another one for varauna's forces, guess you don't even need to go through the trouble of making a box to get a massive markup, just spend 10 minutes slapping together some cover art for a cd release!

Holy shit!

Those CD labels. THAT 'logo'?!

If you'll excuse me, I'm just nipping out to PC World for half an hour. Back soon.

Feeling that Wolf of Wall Street vibe...

Why isn't someone making this stuff and selling it on the Atariage store for reasonable prices? It obviously doesn't take mega-photoshop skills to make something presentable lol

On that note, I'd like to see Atariage making Jaguar cartridges. Instead, The homebrew scene seems to be splintered and I'm not even sure where to get homebrew games. I don't plan on getting a CD so for me it's cartridge or nothing.

On that note, I'd like to see Atariage making Jaguar cartridges. Instead, The homebrew scene seems to be splintered and I'm not even sure where to get homebrew games. I don't plan on getting a CD so for me it's cartridge or nothing.

I think there's hope with the Jagtopus cart/programmer. A mere mortal like me could use them and make new games.

I'm with you, there. Would love to see more cart love, but it costs more to make. Jagtopus seems like it could help, somewhat....here's hoping!

• Like 1

Jaguar homebrews will be available from the AtariAge store only if both conditions are met:

- Albert is interested in carrying them

- Homebrew authors are interested in selling them through AtariAge

Currently, I believe neither of these have been checked. If you want to see homebrews on the AtariAge store, work on these first, and worry about the technical details later.

From the Jagtopus topic on Jagware it seems it might not be available for sale:

http://www.jagware.org/index.php?showtopic=841&view=findpost&p=16139

Welp. At least some capable people have it. That's reassuring.

Cartridge game developers and potential distributors can contact us. There are solutions we can work out together.

The Jagtopus programmer is SCPCD's work so he's the best person to ask, but he may be willing to sell one to AtariAge if there's enough demand. Loaning may be possible too.

• Like 2

I'm depressed again. the more I dig into Jaguar it seems the more it's not worth it. People on here are even trying to convince me to get a Sega Saturn and Dreamcast instead.

I think the Saturn and the Dreamcast are good games in their own-right, but there are a lot of awesome games for the Jaguar. I still prefer the Jaguar out of all of them.

• Like 1

I think the Saturn and the Dreamcast are good games in their own-right, but there are a lot of awesome games for the Jaguar. I still prefer the Jaguar out of all of them.

You lost me now.

Jaguar is good.

But not over Saturn or Dreamcast.

Too many good games on Saturn unlike Jag, and Dreamcast not only had some utterly awesome 2d stuff was just a beast com paired to the old girl.

If you just said Saturn..I'd give you a pass. But then you added dreamcast and now, I know you blew a fuse.

• Like 1

You lost me now.

Jaguar is good.

Too many good games on Saturn unlike Jag, and Dreamcast not only had some utterly awesome 2d stuff was just a beast com paired to the old girl.

If you just said Saturn..I'd give you a pass. But then you added dreamcast and now, I know you blew a fuse.

I think, although I agree whole-heartedly, the key point here is the usage of the word "prefer"... as opposed to "better" :)

You lost me now.

Jaguar is good.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion. For example, I have no interest at all in owning a Saturn or Dreamcast and I sold my PS1 and PS3. Now I own a sega 32x and a Jaguar.

You lost me now.

Jaguar is good.

I think, although I agree whole-heartedly, the key point here is the usage of the word "prefer"... as opposed to "better" :)

So, to be clear, I realize the Dreamcast is a more advanced system, and I think the Saturn might be too. I do REALLY like the Saturn and the Dreamcast (though I actually like the Saturn quite a bit more than the Dreamcast). BUT... I still like the Jaguar the best. I like almost all the games, I basically have what would otherwise be a complete collection except for BattleSphere, I have a lot of history with Atari, and there's a really great community here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not downing the Saturn or the Dreamcast, I mean... I REALLY like the Saturn, I just really like the Jaguar too. It's like, I really like my Pontiac Fiero, it was my first car, and I've owned it for over 2 decades. I know my Pontiac Solstice was a much better car, but when the daughter was born, the Porsche and the Pontiac Solstice were out the door and I still kept the Fiero. If that makes sense...

So it because of memories of it back in the day then...

I own every title and then some, will fight for the Jag when ever I can...I made tons of boxes for it...lol

I have umpteen boxes of extra Jag systems and games.

But if it really can down to picking one out of the three till the end of time and I could never Ever touch the other two systems again...

The Jag would loose.

Not enough good titles or variety of games to keep for the long haul.

Good if your a collector of the weird and obscure.. like the Nuon or Ngage which I own both and have all crap that they come with.

But I do not see a lot of awesome games for the Jaguar...a few yes..no doubt. But a lot no.

Great Jag titles that were not done better on another system around its time....and I being very njce

Doom...

Battlesphere

Rayman ...even tho ppl say the ps1 is better.

Iron soldier 1 & 2

Missile Command 3D

Tempest 2000...again on ps1 and Saturn...but I like the cart tunes better. Plus I thought the grfx changes in ps1 odd.

Raiden...even tho raiden II on ps1 rocks my socks and will make anyone forget of plain old raiden.

I'll even through in a few of my odd favs

Ultra vortek

I=War

Cannon Fodder

Mutant Penguins

That being said..I would feel like shit telling someone to get a Jag over the Sega system if they are in it for playing games on a budget. You will go broke and have a very lovable system with a few good games.

Or grab either Sega system and grab a lot more good games.

Collector or gamer...

And no I makes no sense that you kept the Fiero instead of the other two cars 82 T/A. Hope you have a fire extinguisher in the passenger foot well..loll..just say in.

But I would keep the fiero too over the others....I like them.

But then again I own a Jag,nuon,ngage.....and so on.