IGNORED

Advice On My Collection.......

jgray3493

Ok I just wanted to see what kind of feedback I could get from showing off my Jaguar collection. There's only a couple sites where the Jag is talked about pretty regularly and this seems to be a safe place. Everyone I know thinks I'm a goob for even owning anything with the word Atari on it. I myself like to think of them as lesser people. I mean your average joe these days is more willing to talk about Sony or Microsoft. It's as if there blind to the company, the dynasty, the legend of Atari who opened the doorway. Everyone on this site knows what company started the WORLD OF VIDEO GAMES! Ok well moving right along. I've only been collecting since January and this is what I got so far. Here recently the collecting has slowed a lot due to the prices on the super rare games............... Oh and the 4 games you see without covers for I can't find anywhere on the net. If someone could shoot me a full ugc scan that would be awesome????

Hi! Welcome to Atari Age! I don't see any pictures, were you trying to post one?

I have a few systems... I've stopped randomly collecting anything and everything and sold a LOT of my video games off, but I still buy EVERYTHING Jaguar, and I like it. We have a Wii for family type games, and I've got a Saturn and a Dreamcast, and also a Super Nintendo and NES... but that's pretty much it. Anything that they sell for the Playstation (or that I would want from the playstation), I can pretty much get for the computer... so not too driven to get any of those systems or games. I do have a PS1, but don't really know what to do with it...

Ok well I've tried with my phone and my computer and to no avail it will not upload my pics. It doesn't exceed the 10mb limit. Idk owell....... I posted a pic just the other day with no problems.

Yeah, you've got to resize the images before you post them... otherwise they get too huge. I typically right-click on them, then OPEN WITH, and select MS PAINT, and then resize to 35% of the original size. It'll compress, and resize to a much smaller size.

Just did that for yours (below).

It never gets old looking at people's Jaguar collections though...

There are a lot of home-brews out there if you haven't seen them already. There's also a couple of copies of a game called "Impulse-X"... check out the thread (I'll bump it for you in a few minutes). It's an AWESOME game. There's also Robinson's Requiem from Songbird Productions, and many other games from Songbird that I think you'll like (like Downfall+). Definitely check out some of the "after-release" games if you will. Many individuals have ported over games from the Atari MEGA-ST, or as is the case from Songbird, he seeks out authentic Jaguar games that were near completion, or finished but just never released, and then goes through the process of getting them packaged and released as they would otherwise have when they were brand new.

Quick question, how did you get your CD games like VidGrid, Blue Lightning, etc... in those normal DVD cases? Did you print those yourself? Mine came in all 6"x6" cardboard cases.

Jag-Collection.jpg

I downloaded all my covers from a site called "thecoverproject". They don't have all the game covers and won't get anymore probably. I was a member until just recently I requested a few covers in their REQUEST forum and they threatened to delete my posts because I requested the covers more than once. Kina pathetic and pointless if you ask me. Mean it was a REQUEST forum. Anyways you can check it out they also have several covers for homebrews like Native and Soulstar

might want to crop off the letter "s" on that aliens vs predator case ;)

nice setup though, think you might be the first person I've seen to exclusively use custom cases for your whole collection. I've gone back and forth as to whether or not I want to do that with the games I keep out.

Edited by Willard

Hi! I've been researching Jaguar games this week myself. I don't have a Jag yet but I am putting together a list of games I want to get. I won't be able to get a Jag CD, so I'm only make a list of carts. Which of your Jaguar carts are your favorite?

You said you won't be able to get the Jag cd. I don't know your reasons but if it is because of the costs on the net I know where you can score a refurbished one with a warranty for about $149. The company is "Best Electronics". They're pretty well known to Atari collectors. I got my Jag cd console and several games and even a motherboard replacement for my Jag console from these guys. I highly recommend them. Just google "best electronics" and follow the link. You can look at all their merchandise but you'll want to email them or call them to place your order. Check them out and let me know what you think

• Like 1

You said you won't be able to get the Jag cd. I don't know your reasons but if it is because of the costs on the net I know where you can score a refurbished one with a warranty for about $149. The company is "Best Electronics". They're pretty well known to Atari collectors. I got my Jag cd console and several games and even a motherboard replacement for my Jag console from these guys. I highly recommend them. Just google "best electronics" and follow the link. You can look at all their merchandise but you'll want to email them or call them to place your order. Check them out and let me know what you think

I know Best, I am actually going to buy a Jag and some games from him once I raise the money. I must have missed the refurbished CDs, I know he sells new wrapped in plastic in the egg carton - I guess Atari never had a chance to box them before going out of business - for $225, which is just too much for me right now.. The $149 is also too much right now, but depending on how my auctions go I may be able to afford it. Thanks!!

I recently had a thread here asking opinions about selling my Sega and 32x to buy a Jag and I received a resounding "Don't do it!" lol. So I'm pretty much selling anything that I don't use any more.

Edited by xucaen

I hear ya. Collecting this Jaguar stuff has significantly put a dent in my wallet. It's the only console I have other than the XBOX that my son has stolen from me. He had never heard of Atari but after watching me collect and playing most of the Jag games he's now on the same terms as me. He thinks the Jag is pretty sweet. He's 9 years old and I refuse to let him live a life that revolves around microsoft or sony until he understands where their ideas originated. But yeah I've been so focused on owning everything for the Jag that I haven't had the slightest chance to start another collection. I'd love to get the sega,32X, and cd collection jumping off but kinda hitting the bottom of my pockets.

• Like 1

Nice collection. Mine looks almost identical in the hard cases and DVD cases for Jag CD games. The Cover Project is a great resource as well! What type of paper do you use to print on, did you get glossy or?

Sega 32x collecting is a lot cheaper than Jag collecting. Honestly if you aren't totally dedicated to the Atari line of machines I could with a clear conscience recommend the Panasonic 3DO...there are just as many good games if not more than the Jag and I think most of them are much cheaper. Though I think one of the perks of the Jag is the dedicated community and homebrew scene, and you might not find that quite as strong for other systems of the era.

It looks like you've already caught the Jag bug though :) and there is no going back now...!

• Like 1

I totally have the Jag Bug!!!! I used 8/11/14 plain paper to print the covers. I bought half of those cases w/covers from someone on eBay. I think they used matte paper because the ones I've printed are very thin and dull compared to the others. I've looked at several stores for the matte in 8/11/14 and can't find any. I did find some on Amazon though for pretty cheap. But besides just collecting I would very much like to develop for the system. Although I don't have quite the skills required. On top of that I'm fixing to start planning out a schedule to follow Gaming Conventions in and around my area. This Jag bug just keeps embedding itself deep within my soul!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Sega 32x collecting is a lot cheaper than Jag collecting.

Hmmm. Guess it depends on what side of the pond you're on dude.

32-X collecting couldn't BE any more expensive if it tried, here in UK/Euro etc. Much more expensive (on average) than collecting for Jag. It's only really BS, BSG & Gorf that bring the average so high tbh.

Honestly if you aren't totally dedicated to the Atari line of machines I could with a clear conscience recommend the Panasonic 3DO...there are just as many good games if not more than the Jag and I think most of them are much cheaper. Though I think one of the perks of the Jag is the dedicated community and homebrew scene, and you might not find that quite as strong for other systems of the era...

+1 here too re: recommendation.

If you're into the Jag, chances are, if you're not (as TT said) an Atari/Jag loyalist - so to speak - then you would most probably definitely get something out of the 3DO too.

Both machines nicely compliment each other...