IGNORED

Programming the Atari XL/XE

JAC!

After a long break, I finally managed recording the next 3 parts all dealing with the Display List: Basics, Memory Mapping and Soft Scrolling.

Excellent! I sure hope I have a short day at work so I can view these :)

• Like 1

Boah JAC!

while watching the videos recognize like 8bitjunkie told me:

in times back we thought assembler is hard to code.

but from nowadays sight it might much more easy...

somewhere in time when I got left time for myself I will dig out something old from my software and recode it in assembler.

you bring back the will and the want to code after so many years.

thank you for these great and sure easy to understand videos.

cheers

markus...

• 3 years later...

After a long break, I finally managed recording the next 3 parts all dealing with the Display List: Basics, Memory Mapping and Soft Scrolling.

JAC,

These videos are fantastic!! Thank you very much!! I know its been over two years now, but is it possible that you will continue your video series from here? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would **Love** it if you would make more programming videos! **Please** consider it!

Thank You!!

• Like 2

but is it possible that you will continue your video series from here? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would **Love** it if you would make more programming videos! **Please** consider it!

Yes, that is definitively on the list. Interrupts will be next, but my job keeps my too busy atm.

• Like 6

• 4 years later...
3 hours ago, Stephen said:

Sorry for the necro-bump @JAC!.  I've watched your new tutorials #15 and 16.  I downloaded the latest WUDSN 1.71 via (https://www.wudsn.com/productions/java/ide/downloads/1.7.1/wudsn-ide-win64.zip) It doesn't contain the new tutorials.  Are these available for download?

Hello Stephen,

the tutorial projects are now available separately on Github: https://github.com/peterdell/wudsn-ide-projects
There you can download them individually or as .zip.
Kind regards, Peter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, JAC! said:

Hello Stephen,

the tutorial projects are now available separately on Github: https://github.com/peterdell/wudsn-ide-projects
There you can download them individually or as .zip.
Kind regards, Peter.

Thanks!  I ended up just typing what was needed while following your video part 15.  I've never had any of my code playing music before and was completely amazed that in roughly 15 minutes, it just worked.  Quickly figured out how to use the silence feature when pausing / exiting the demo.

• Thanks 1