IGNORED

My sio2pc setup

low.blow

Hi all,

Someone asked about this, so I thought I'd make a quick video to show it off. This is my sio2pc setup that I recently put together. Here. Basically, a mini-itx mobo w/ i5 processor. 2 2600daptors(mounted inside case). dual-port sio2pc from atarimax(also mounted inside). running altirra and ape(registered). touch screen interface. pretty tight fit with the power supply and all... probably could have had plenty more room if I'd thought it out better in advance, but it runs cool enough.

• Like 10

What are the "2600 adapters?" Is this running MAME? (I know very, very little about 2600's.)

-Larry

2600daptors are like the stelladaptors. The have an Atari joystick port on one end and a usb port on the other. So you can use just about any Atari controller on a pc. Edited by low.blow

Thanks for all the kind words. It was a fun little project. One thing I didn't mention in the video that I think is cool, is the power button. A pc normally requires a momentary switch, but the 810 uses a toggle switch. I really wanted to use the original switch, so I put a capicitor inline on one of the switch legs. When the switch is flipped, the cap charges and the motherboard sees a momentary flow of current until the cap is charged. The negative to this is that to shut down, I have to use the start menu or flip the switch back and forth again.

• Like 1