IGNORED

MADS Linux Build

Created a Linux 32-bit executable of 1.9.8, maybe somebody can test and confirm if it works on Linux 32/64 bit.

Hi Peter,

Yes, confirmed, this works on Linux Mint 16 (MATE) - 64 bit.

Thank you for this.

Hmm... maybe I could change my toolchain to run in Linux now?

Could you explain how that you produced this? Then if a new version of MADS comes out, it doesn't have to be you completing the compiles.

Edited by snicklin

I have updated the compilers download archive on my site.

http://www.wudsn.com/index.php/ide/installation#InstallingCompilers

It also has the scripts to compile and the example files.
- ATASM 1.07 recompiled
- MADS 1.9.8 compiled for Windows and Linux
- KickAss 3.34 included

>Could you explain how that you produced this? Then if a new version of MADS comes out, it doesn't have to be you completing the compiles.
I have an Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit VM ware image (finally, again) where I test the IDE and now also have everything in place again for compiling.
For ATASM I have created a 32-bit and 64-bit Linux version also. So maybe some of you can also test that,too.

As you can see here, Mac OS X is a bit of a problem. I do have a VM ware image for that now also, but since it's rather old Mac OS X version and compiling there will take some effort, I'd be happy if people could fill in for the missing versions in http://www.wudsn.com/index.php/ide/installation#InstallingCompilers.

Edited by JAC!

I managed to install the necessary software to compile MADS under Snow Leopard some months back, but it did involve a lengthy series of downloads. Unfortunately I forget the specifics. If I can recreate the set up again I'll post details.

Edited by flashjazzcat

In fact I do have a similar VMWare image like the one for Ubuntu also for Mac OS 10.5.5. But due to several reasons I cannot update as it would break the VM. So compiling is actually possible, but since I don't seem to get Java 1.7 onto it, it's becoming a dead end for the other stuff I 'l like to test.

I managed to install the necessary software to compile MADS under Snow Leopard some months back, but it did involve a lengthy series of downloads. Unfortunately I forget the specifics. If I can recreate the set up again I'll post details.

Apple has a download for the command line tools, but they might have removed the 10.6. The command line tools and brew help when compiling.

Compling itself it not the issue. I have VMs for all relevant platforms where I can compile. Upload wil be available soon. Only the OS X is becoming a dead end for me in terms of Java...

• 3 weeks later...

Just compiled this if it's still of use; perhaps it can be added to the compiler package if it's not already present:

mads_1.9.8_OS_X.zip

Note: since we were discussing compilation of MADS under Mac OS X previously, I reacquainted myself with the pre-requisites. Under Mac OS X 10.6.8, I installed XCode 4.2 for Snow Leopard (this was hard to find), then the Free Pascal Compiler. I then compiled the MADS sources exactly as directed in the assembler's documentation.

Thanks Jon. It actually was included already here: http://www.wudsn.com/index.php/106-site-update-2014-14-05

I was sure I'd seen an updated compiler package on your website, but it flew by my eyes and I somehow couldn't find it again after that: hence I compiled it in the wee small hours last night. But if it's already there, great. :)