IGNORED

The PacManPlus Sanctioned 30th Anniversary Cart! NO PM'S!

CPUWIZ

I want it now! :D

youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

Edit

Not pre-ordering. Just making fun of any "I want it now" people:

But! I have a serious question for everyone, I posted this thread 2 weeks ago, what do people expect these days? I mean, I see various projects around the forum (not just Atari), most of them take many months, some years. What is the general expectation? I am mostly just curious, because I don't give a rats ass, since I don't take money from anyone. I mean some people who pay stupid amounts of money for a numbered edition of games that aren't even finished being programmed and authors happily taking their money. :)

Again, this is not directed at anyone, just something I pondered, whilst talking to some people via IM/email/PM.

@TT: I am only quoting your text for context. Nothing against you, or the question.

But! I have a serious question for everyone, I posted this thread 2 weeks ago, what do people expect these days? I mean, I see various projects around the forum (not just Atari), most of them take many months, some years. What is the general expectation? I am mostly just curious, because I don't give a rats ass, since I don't take money from anyone. I mean some people who pay stupid amounts of money for a numbered edition of games that aren't even finished being programmed and authors happily taking their money. :)

Again, this is not directed at anyone, just something I pondered, whilst talking to some people via IM/email/PM.

@Marc: Sehr geil, aber das weisst Du ja schon. :cool:

No offense taken :)

Generally speaking, when it comes to super awesome projects, I think most people would be satisfied with an estimated completion date (revised if/when necessary) and a periodic status update.

Specifically speaking, for this project, I just want to make sure I have the money set aside for when it's time to pay.

Speaking for myself I had no expectation on any sort of completion date. Not to speak in a meaningless tautology but it's done when it's done. People shouldn't expect anything more.

PS - in case anyone is wondering why I'm answering despite not being in the top 60, I was offered a place in line and to him, thank you :)

You snooze, you lose.

Last time Brian of RetroUSB released copies of his NCC 1991 for sale, it sold out within 3 hours. I was too busy having fun playing NFL Blitz with a friend of mine to refresh my email every five minutes, and they were completely gone before I checked for forum updates. Maybe in a couple years there will be more.

Cest La Vie...

This homebrew will literally be the game that makes me finally break down and buy a 7800.

I don't care when so much as knowing my window once it is ready, and that's it...sometimes I go a few days without checking in here and wouldn't want to have that seen as passing if I missed a PM or something. Like AtariLeaf said, it's done when it's done and that's it...I just want to be ready for it.

• Like 1

You snooze, you lose.

Last time Brian of RetroUSB released copies of his NCC 1991 for sale, it sold out within 3 hours. I was too busy having fun playing NFL Blitz with a friend of mine to refresh my email every five minutes, and they were completely gone before I checked for forum updates. Maybe in a couple years there will be more.

Cest La Vie...

This homebrew will literally be the game that makes me finally break down and buy a 7800.

Eh, what have you been waiting for? All of those games have been sold by PMP on cart in the past. He he he!

Donors enroute today! Hope it helps the cause. I have a tracking number if you need it.

The box is pretty too. My wife is expecting twin girls... off to sell plasma. jk. Might sell a spare Turbografx or my CDX the this summer is going. :) Have to finance my gaming habit somehow!

This is why I love checking in on the 7800 community, so many awesome projects to get excited about.

• Like 4

I gotta quick question: Is there a manual for this game? If so, does it come with the cart or with the box?

Not from me at least, the manual with this number of pages would be way more expensive than the box :)

But if you take a look in the forum, IIRC Bob has posted all manuals as a PDF here, so you can print them on your own.

Edited by Marc Oberhäuser

Not from me at least, the manual with this number of pages would be way more expensive than the box :)

But if you take a look in the forum, IIRC Bob has posted all manuals as a PDF here, so you can print them on your own.

PDF is fine. Sometimes you just need to look stuff up. Yeah if it used the same content as the AA manuals, you would be stacking 8 small booklets together. It'd probably be too think to fit the box as well. :P

I might be willing to produce a manual…I have several IGEN printers at my work. I will just have to do some research on the pricing first and reach out to PMP for his input…stay tuned. :thumbsup:

Benny, you'll need to consolidate the manuals that have already been made. Otherwise it's going to be like 60 pages!

I was planning on printing it as a coffee table style book! The first 60 pages would be the game manuals, and the second 60 pages....SHATNER!!!! :P

• Like 3