IGNORED

BBC Micro Thread

Ok, no worries. In case Bodyshots obtains a Beeb, at least he knows it likely can be reconfigured if he has the skills or know someone to do the service. I suppose there are other computers with similar Astec or other power supplies that have the same option. It reminds me that one of my remaining Beebs still has the UK power plug, so I have to run it through an adapter as well although the wall voltage nominally is the same. I should probably replace the plug so I don't have to scout around for the adapter every time.

RetroClinic. Awesome stuff. I've met Mark a number of times. His stuff is practically flawless. The Datacenter he makes is the perfect solid-state solution for the Acorn BBC micro range. I have a BBC Micro with one fitted internally and a second external Datacenter to use between my other Beebs.

His reconditioned Acorn Micros are always meticulously renovated. I'd recommend his work to anyone. I've bought loads of stuff from Mark and never been disappointed once.

The BBC Micro was exported to the US and Germany in small numbers back in the day. The export versions had internal metal RF shielding which wasn't present on the UK model and PSUs modified for the target market.

RetroClinic. Awesome stuff. I've met Mark a number of times. His stuff is practically flawless. The Datacenter he makes is the perfect solid-state solution for the Acorn BBC micro range. I have a BBC Micro with one fitted internally and a second external Datacenter to use between my other Beebs.

His reconditioned Acorn Micros are always meticulously renovated. I'd recommend his work to anyone. I've bought loads of stuff from Mark and never been disappointed once.

The BBC Micro was exported to the US and Germany in small numbers back in the day. The export versions had internal metal RF shielding which wasn't present on the UK model and PSUs modified for the target market.

U.S model also came with TI provided speech as standard and I am in full agreement with your comments about Retroclinic, their upgrades should be what all retro hardware developers strive to achieve standards wise.

How many of you would like to experience this and have this view in real life?

(Click on image to enlarge)

Well-my BBC master 128 is currently sitting in front of my PC monitor and has to be the neatest retro machine ever-inbuilt PSU, RGB to Scart cable means only two wires coming from the back of the machine, internal MMC storage means no need for external storage clutter.

Lovely assembler available straight from the basic console with no need for an editor/assembler and probably the fastest 8 bit version of BASIC I have seen.

• Like 1

Well-my BBC master 128 is currently sitting in front of my PC monitor and has to be the neatest retro machine ever-inbuilt PSU, RGB to Scart cable means only two wires coming from the back of the machine, internal MMC storage means no need for external storage clutter.

Lovely assembler available straight from the basic console with no need for an editor/assembler and probably the fastest 8 bit version of BASIC I have seen.

PHOTOS, or it's all BS! :-D

PHOTOS, or it's all BS! :-D

I will take a photo just for you, but your timing is shit-I just swapped it over to play about on my Commodore plus 4 which I have not touched in years,(I was put in the mood to play with the plus 4 after complaining about the lack of graphics commands on the 4a).

I will set the BBC up tomorrow and take a few pictures.

I might go mad and take some pictures of some of my other stuff too ;)

The BBC master-for those times when 1 cartridge slot above your numeric keypad is just not enough! ;-)FlM128btm.jpg

Well equipped underside!

rears2.jpg

And the various issues from the rear.

If you are running a standard single floppy drive from the main unit you will still have no trailing power cable as there is a power socket on the underside of the machine which gives the drive it's power from the main console's PSU.

Some dual drives will still have to be plugged into the wall though :(

The interface marked "tube" on the underside is where second processors are connected, there were quite a few available eg-6502 and Z80 second processors-a 32016 variant was also available.

• Like 1

I located a MONSTER SIZED image of the BBC...

bbcmaster.jpg

(Click on graphic to radically ENLARGE)

You will not miss any detail on this beauty!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACORN-BBC-MASTER-128-REFURBISHED-WITH-2xUSB-1GB-CF-DUAL-OS-AND-MORE-/251581461334?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item3a936c7356

I imagine postage and packaging on this baby may be an issue.

• Like 1

Yeah, it quotes me 80.40 GBP, which translates to 137.80 USD for shipping.

So the computer & shipping combined would be $531.19

• Like 1

I'm surprised nobody bought it! It's such a nicely done package and the modding workmanship is excellent.

If only I did not have other irons in the fire...

$_57.JPG

We just need a talented hardware guru to give the ti99/4a the same treatment-ohhhh yesssss!!!!!!!! :)

Nice, neat, self contained and looking like it just came off the production line.

• 3 weeks later...