IGNORED

New Game - Clipper - Work in Progress

jacobus

Thanks a lot for you friendly replys.

Jacobus released one more game coded in Quick: Dungeon Hunt. He also develops currently another game in Quick.

Do you have some old Disks with unreleased Quick stuff? ;-) Community is keenly interested.

In fact there are some 2 or 3 unfinished games. For example I tried a "Gravity war" type game, using really fast integer algebra to calculate the gravity forces. But somehow I did not get this thing working properly (I studied physics; I really thought I should get this right ;) )

Do you still have the source code? A cross compiler for Quick! to develop on a PC would be very welcome.

(And greetings to Andreas Binner - in case you still have contact. Met him once in Berlin.)

The disks and at least a 130XE + 1 floppy drive and the important books are in the attic for many years now. It's tempting to get it set up again. I really would like to show my daughter what were Computers like in her daddys youth. My Falcon and MegaSTE somehow got lost however when moving from one place to another (Andreas and I used them to write the user guides and also used them as a floppy simulator for the A8).

I haven't met Andreas for >>5 years now.

First - thank you very much for developing Quick - it is by far my favourite Atari language!

That being said, do you have any interest in revisiting it? As much as I love the language, the 20K application space is rather limiting! My wish list includes the following:

I could imagine to write maybe another nice game or so IN Quick (there are some interesting new games on smartphones that could work in principle on an A8, too), but I doubt very much that I would be able to refactor the assembler code after ~20 years :?. Since mid of the 90ies I only used C, C++ and some C# in my professional life and never assembler again.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Harald,

I could imagine to write maybe another nice game or so IN Quick (there are some interesting new games on smartphones that could work in principle on an A8, too), but I doubt very much that I would be able to refactor the assembler code after ~20 years :?. Since mid of the 90ies I only used C, C++ and some C# in my professional life and never assembler again.

nice that you are on the go, for starting another ATARI session ;)

Maybe you could search for the Quick asm sources and release them to the public, so we might have a look into them and maybe we could use it for creating a Quick cross compiler.

Best regards, Ralf