IGNORED

Stupid projekt: Mario Kart [NES]

Rabbit 2600

Just noticed Mario Kart 8 is soon to be released for the WiiU and I thought it strange that nobody has done a homebrew or hack on a racing game so we would have Mario Kart on the NES, so I'm fiddling together a silly little hack of Excitebike :P I would much rather have some 2 player racing game as a base but the 2 player ones are overhead view and way to many sprites for me to edit. Would be cool with something where you saw the car from the behind. The hack's not done yet and I don't know when it will be, just a fun thing I fiddle with now and then =) But I could get a move on if there's an interest for it. Mostly just wanted to show my sillyness to the world, haha....And I'd love to have something like this on a cart personaly :P

10348454_1503960626494384_93589521309801

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Love the idea, but the execution...right now, it's Mario with a broken neck. On someone else's body.

Maybe it would help to use one of the 3d Mario games as a guide for the sprite? Also, the bike really needs something more, to make it suitable for the Mushroom kingdom. Whether you go for cute, or subversive badass overkill, it needs to acknowledge that Mario's the one riding it.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

on Nestopia 1.40.......there is a really bad screen flicker while playing this game......makes it un-playable because the road is straight and curved at the same time

Did you set it to the right region ?

I remember trying to play an NTSC version on my PAL NES, which had the same effect.

Did you set it to the right region ?

I remember trying to play an NTSC version on my PAL NES, which had the same effect.

oh.....I didn't know this was a PAL game........its much better now! Thanks!

no title logo on the main (menu) screen?