Hero was released for the Colecovision back in the 80's.

Lol, had a total derp moment there. :-D

This is what happens when you a.) have too many games, and b.) roll out of bed and post something online before you have your morning coffee. The sad thing is, I actually OWN H.E.R.O. for the CV, and have played it extensively.

I would edit the post, but I think I'll let it stand as a monument to all that is derp.

• Like 3

Lol, had a total derp moment there. :-D

This is what happens when you a.) have too many games, and b.) roll out of bed and post something online before you have your morning coffee. The sad thing is, I actually OWN H.E.R.O. for the CV, and have played it extensively.

I would edit the post, but I think I'll let it stand as a monument to all that is derp.

And here's more derp for you: Team Pixelboy will release Spelunker in 2015. ;) :D

• Like 2

And here's more derp for you: Team Pixelboy will release Spelunker in 2015. ;) :D

That's awesome! There are so many games coming up, I can't even keep track anymore. :P

Oh wow, I was just looking at the massive list that youki posted, and I had no idea Elite was on the MSX! Any chance that could ever be ported to the CV? It's only one of the best games EVER (well, the versions I've actually played, anyway... I assume the MSX one is good too).

Do you really thing, i typed each game... :)

but it could be also a remake of an already released game ! :D

Oh sure, we really need ColecoVision remakes of Antarctic Adventure, Bank Panic, The Black Onyx, Boulder Dash, Buck Rogers, Chack'n Pop, Chessmaster, Choplifter, Circus Charlie, Dam Busters, Frogger, Galaxian, Grog's Revenge, H.E.R.O., King's Valley, Konami's Ping Pong, Lode Runner, Magical Tree, Monkey Academy, Mopiranger, Pac-Man, Pippols, Pitfall II: Lost Caverns, Pooyan, Q*bert, River Raid, Road Fighter, Rollerball, Sky Jaguar, Star Force, Super Cobra, Thexder, Time Pilot, Track & Field, Yie Ar Kung-Fu and Zaxxon. :P

Oh sure, we really need ColecoVision remakes of Antarctic Adventure, Bank Panic, The Black Onyx, Boulder Dash, Buck Rogers, Chack'n Pop, Chessmaster, Choplifter, Circus Charlie, Dam Busters, Frogger, Galaxian, Grog's Revenge, H.E.R.O., King's Valley, Konami's Ping Pong, Lode Runner, Magical Tree, Monkey Academy, Mopiranger, Pac-Man, Pippols, Pitfall II: Lost Caverns, Pooyan, Q*bert, River Raid, Road Fighter, Rollerball, Sky Jaguar, Star Force, Super Cobra, Thexder, Time Pilot, Track & Field, Yie Ar Kung-Fu and Zaxxon. :P

Wouldn't a remake be a whole new game as instead of a port. A remake of HERO with new levels would be awesome. Kind of like the game Collectorvision is working on that is similar/based on montezuma's revenge.

yes, i think most of these would deserve a real homebrew remake for colecovision. Except Pacman and Zaxxon , because i think it seems it would be difficulty to do better than the opcode's version.

of pacman and same thing for the Colecovision port of the adam Super Zaxxon. But most of other i think could be improved. And for some drastically... :)

yes, i think most of these would deserve a real homebrew remake for colecovision. Except Pacman and Zaxxon , because i think it seems it would be difficulty to do better than the opcode's version.

of pacman and same thing for the Colecovision port of the adam Super Zaxxon. But most of other i think could be improved. And for some drastically... :)

Yeah, a remake of Monkey Academy would awesome!!! :lol: ... Just kidding...

Lode Runner is great like it i, I would not touch this one. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, a remake of Monkey Academy would awesome!!! :lol: ... Just kidding...

Lode Runner is great like it i, I would not touch this one. :)

But i didn't say that game in the list were crap. Some are very great. But it would be interresting to see a modern homebrew remake with the means of today and no time constraint for some of them.

Lode Runner, is indeed very good. But for instance Pooyan , Thexder , Star Force , boulder dash, time pilot . I think it would be interresting to see what somebody like nanochess could do with...

yes, i think most of these would deserve a real homebrew remake for colecovision. Except Pacman and Zaxxon , because i think it seems it would be difficulty to do better than the opcode's version of pacman and same thing for the Colecovision port of the adam Super Zaxxon. But most of other i think could be improved. And for some drastically... :)

I agree there are several CV games that could be remade and much improved, but my list would be:

- Campaign '84 (main game idea is no that bad, just it could have been done better)

- Chuck Norris Superkicks (Yuk! This one's in dire need of a remake!)

- Destructor (a sequel could add several fun elements to the original game)

- Evolution (should have been done as a maze game, à la Mouse Trap. That would have been far more interesting to play)

- Frogger II - Threeedeep! (a prime candidate for a remake that would erase this turd from gaming history)

- Gust Buster (the game's design is not all bad, but the complicated controls totally ruin the fun)

- H.E.R.O. (the original CV game was very good, but I'd like to see a proper sequel)

- It's Only Rock 'n Roll (this one would be challenging - but I think possible - to remake into an actual fun game)

- James Bond 007 (a real stain on Parker Bros' ColecoVision lineup. Thank goodness there's also Spy Hunter on the console)

- Quest for Quintana Roo (very bad graphics ruined the game for me, could be redone MUCH better)

- Sammy Lightfoot (I would redo it just to make the in-game physics more fluid, and also to add a few new levels)

- Sir Lancelot (a lazy clone of Joust, could be done much better)

- Super Action Baseball (a major hack could be done to add a proper one-player mode)

- Tomarc the Barbarian (Ugh! This game could be improved 10000% percent!!)

- Venture (original CV game was great, I would just like to have a proper sequel)

Being I don't own boulder-dash, I'm happy if someone would tinker with that one.

Frogger could benefit from an 'Arcade' makeover. The magenta street borders could have been done.

Also, sign me up for Venture 2 and Pepper 1.

Any update on TeamPB's Asteroids & other personal projects? Always loved the Asteroids mock-ups.

Any update on TeamPB's Asteroids & other personal projects? Always loved the Asteroids mock-ups.

I would like to code those projects using BasicVision, but I have to create the BasicVision IDE software first, so Asteroids and other projects are for the long-term, I'm afraid.

3-D Golf Simulation

3D Knockout

After the War 2

After the War

Akin

Ale Hop

Aleste

Aleste 2

?

*** Please note that the original list Youki provided has been edited down so as not to tax the AtariAge servors. ***

What Youki doesn't realize is that all those games will indeed be ported to CV format and provided on ONE multicart so that there will no longer be any MSX games left to port! :grin:

• Like 1

I agree there are several CV games that could be remade and much improved, but my list would be:

- James Bond 007 (a real stain on Parker Bros' ColecoVision lineup. Thank goodness there's also Spy Hunter on the console)

James Bond: 007 is indeed a major stain on Parker Bros' CV lineup, but I would have to say thank goodness there's also the Moon Patrol proto on the console. Gameplay wise Moon Patrol seems to have inspired the programmers of James Bond: 007 much more.

I hope and pray not to see any remakes of games that already exist on the CV (sans DKA), but the idea of making a prequel or sequel to an existing CV game sounds like an interesting idea especially with all the talented developers that support the system now.

James Bond: 007 is indeed a major stain on Parker Bros' CV lineup, but I would have to say thank goodness there's also the Moon Patrol proto on the console. Gameplay wise Moon Patrol seems to have inspired the programmers of James Bond: 007 much more.

I'd say smoking illegal substances was a far greater influence on the programmer(s) of James Bond 007... :P

• Like 3

Hah, awesome! a little off topic I suppose, but man.. I am a Huge fan of The Beatles and also James Bond! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Too bad the CV game was crappy.. :P

A Beatles CV game though? I wish! :party:

Anyway, I also have to agree with Jim on this... overall I'd also rather see a sequel (or prequel) of an original CV game, rather than a remake. Then again, its a tough call.. it depends on what game(s) we're talking about here, Luc mentioned some excellent candidates for a remakes though..

Aahhh! Soo many choices! :-o Personally, I hope to see more new ports and also some more originals but honestly I'm down for ANY new CV Homebrew.. just glad to have new games to play period. ;)

The SCE games are always cool to, for example.. i do not have a properly working EM#2 at the moment.

Everybody's going to have different tastes in games and there are a ton of 'em to choose from, whether its original or not. Though MSX is a pretty cool computer from all the YouTube vids I was checking out yesterday, indeed the perfect candidate for CV ports.

How about a fishing game? I was was just playing Fishing Derby and realized there's no such genre for the ColecoVision.

I'd love to see a port of The Black Bass from NES, that would be sweet! :cool:

Hah, awesome! a little off topic I suppose, but man.. I am a Huge fan of The Beatles and also James Bond! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Too bad the CV game was crappy.. :P

A Beatles CV game though? I wish! :party:

A Beattles game was planned for release back in the 80's, but it never got past the graphic artist's/programmer's hand drawn screen mock-ups which I had the good fortune to be shown by their current owner, Sean Kelly. For the life of me, I can't remember what company was going to release it and unfortunately I was not able to sneak some pictures with my phone as Sean kept a very watchful eye over me... and rightfully so.

Hopefully, one day, all these great CV related items that Sean and others are in possession of will be shared with the community for all to enjoy.

• Like 2

A Beattles game was planned for release back in the 80's, but it never got past the graphic artist's/programmer's hand drawn screen mock-ups which I had the good fortune to be shown by their current owner, Sean Kelly. For the life of me, I can't remember what company was going to release it and unfortunately I was not able to sneak some pictures with my phone as Sean kept a very watchful eye over me... and rightfully so.

Hopefully, one day, all these great CV related items that Sean and others are in possession of will be shared with the community for all to enjoy.

No kidding?!? :-o I didn't know that.. very cool! Glad to know something out there like that actually exists.

Neat story as well, he seems to have all the CV goodies.. ;)

*** Please note that the original list Youki provided has been edited down so as not to tax the AtariAge servors. ***

What Youki doesn't realize is that all those games will indeed be ported to CV format and provided on ONE multicart so that there will no longer be any MSX games left to port! :grin:

If it is the only way to get ride of all these lazy MSX ports that parasites the Colecovision Scene once for all , i vote for!!! :D

• Like 1

How about a fishing game? I was was just playing Fishing Derby and realized there's no such genre for the ColecoVision.

I would love fishing derby too.

In fact , i would love to see all first generation Activision Games adapted to CV. And the first in the list would be Frosbite .

• Like 1