IGNORED

Princess Quest for Intellivision

I wanted to start a new game for Intellivision and I believe Princess Quest would be a nice one.

I've worked all the week in redesigning the sprites to fit the video processor and I've all graphics ready.

I'm going slow in this one but I think it will look good :), so enjoy a first screenshot.

post-30245-0-68522000-1400381261_thumb.gif

• Like 16

:cool: It'll be interesting to see what kind of changes/compromises you make as you port the game over.

I second this. I'm interested in learning what sort of design decisions you had to make to make such a game fit in the Intellivision, while trying to keep the true to its spirit. :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

There will be some compromises because of size of screen, but the level graphics already look awesome :)

Are you using IntyBasic and IntyColor?

I had to look this game up, I never heard of it!

Here is the Teampixelboy page on it: http://www.teampixelboy.com/princess_quest.php

IntyColor, yes, for processing some graphics screens :)

IntyBASIC, for doing tests and experiments only, but it will benefit from the music tracker I'm going to write ;)

• Like 3

You intellivision peoples won't be disappointed. Princess quest is an awesome game. One of my favorite for the Colecovision.

I already said it, Princess Quest is the best ColecoVision homebrew ever

Sure! Pacman Collection, Mario Bros are nice, but Princess Quest is an original creation and deserve to be the BEST CV homebrew out there!, EVER!

And I keep saying it, nanochess is a programming wizard!

I like this guy, I like how cool and talented he are

Oscar, keep on rockin the homebrew world! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Wow. I just saw the video. That looks very good. There is less resolution on the Intellivision, so the game-field and graphics will be somewhat reduced in detail, I'm sure; however, the game-play should still be portable.

Oscar, when do you think you'll have something to show?

Wow. I just saw the video. That looks very good. There is less resolution on the Intellivision, so the game-field and graphics will be somewhat reduced in detail, I'm sure; however, the game-play should still be portable.

Oscar, when do you think you'll have something to show?

I hope to have a sample of world 1 in two weeks :D

• Like 5