IGNORED

Matterhorn tiger vision very rare for sale

matt535

Afternoon all

I was fortunate enough to stumble across a matterhorn cartridge this morning. At the time I had no idea what I had but after some research I have discover how rare they are. The item is untested as I haven't got a console to test it. I have tried to attached some pictures but it won't attach them for some reason so I can email them over upon request. To my knowledge all labels are present and is currently listed on ebay and already receiving offers. Honestly I feel the forum is a better place to sell it.

If you wish to purchase the item please do email me to let me know what you would be prepared to offer. Mattcookeatyahoo.co.uk (replace at with @) sorry but it stops me getting spam.

If you are local to esher,surrey or fancy a drive to test the game before you buy please do let me know

Many thanks

Matt

I don't unfortunately apart from eBay. User name matt535. I found this at a car boot this morning believe it or not in with a box of other atari games. I have hypnotic land as well along with another games. I'm still pinching myself as well don't worry

I have only opened this account because of the game itself. I personally would like to sell it to someone who is going to really enjoy it but just like the karting forums we are registered with as soon as a genuine person has something special everyone treats you like a criminal. If you think I'm a scammed don't offer me anything and I will sell it to someone via eBay.

I have only opened this account because of the game itself. I personally would like to sell it to someone who is going to really enjoy it but just like the karting forums we are registered with as soon as a genuine person has something special everyone treats you like a criminal. If you think I'm a scammed don't offer me anything and I will sell it to someone via eBay.

No one is treating you like a criminal, but let's be real here for a second...

You show up with an extremely rare, uber-expensive game to sell on your first post. No pics of the game, no feedback whatsoever and no interest in the hobby…just plans to make a tidy profit. IMHO, this is a great opportunity for someone either to loose a bundle of cash, or for you to loose a very rare game. What always strikes me as so odd with these types of posts (and we see a TON of them here), is that the seller stands seems to be so trusting of a web forum, where they know no one. That is what always raises the red flag for me. It just looks strange.

...don't worry

Famous last words…and then, Shatner.

• Like 4

Fair enough and i see your point.If this was said in the first post I would of had a problem, but silly pictures!

I plan to pay over the odds later for a console just to test it because clearly the game will be worth more if I confirm it works. I will also post a YouTube video.

Uploading pictures here will help. When posting, click on "more reply options" you will then be able to upload photos.

I would then post a link to your ebay account and any proof you may have that it's you.

There are many here that would love to get there hands on the cart, but remember there is virtually no recourse for the buyer if the deal goes bad.

Seems to be a 'trend' here among certain members....

'Unknown' person signs up after making a great find, said person is treated to thinly veiled accusatory remarks/(not very) witty gifs, said unknown person takes offense, (naturally; who wouldn't when treated to the "axes and pitchforks"/ we are abnormally distrustful weirdos routine?) said person then sells on E-Bay, thus completing the age-old self-fulfilling prophecy, sigh. Rinse and repeat.

"Hey, anyone want free candy, I'm a - GASP - genuinely decent sort!" :)

....To which those members/mindsets reply: "Hmmmm...must be a scammer...people HAVE scammed here before, soooo..." <insert inane gif>

Rather unfortunate way of seeing people/the world, eh? :(

I dunno. If you intend to sell big ticket items then I'd expect more of the reassurances collectors are expecting.

I can certainly understand that, naturally, but when newcomers are met with distrust, it reflects badly on the entire community, imho.

If I found a rare sports collectible at a yard sale I'd logically try and sell it on a leading sports site, not being a sports fan myself; isn't this logical?

Sure, the guy probably signed-up with the sole intent of selling the game....I just don't see the problem/issue with this - ? He didn't try to mislead anyone, he showed a video of the game, and he was polite....am I missing something here? Also, if collecting things aren't his scene, how would he know what "collectors are expecting" ?

There are often multiple sides to every coin, not just the obvious two, is my point here.

• Like 1

Of course. *shrugs* If he didn't want a variety of reactions then he should have asked how to sell a big ticket items. Read up on advice already in the forum.

I still don't think you are catching my meaning, but its all good, mindsets are what they are.

(IE: not everyone was raised in this environment....'internet kids', if you will...some are still operating on other wavelengths. ;) )

I know that when I go to a pawn/swap meet/flea market/etc. that I certainly don't read-up on 'house advice', heh, I just want to sell/swap my stuff. Not everyone is out to sleaze, scam, or creep, as hard as this is to believe, for some.

Edited by Bald_Bull_jr

I can certainly understand that, naturally, but when newcomers are met with distrust, it reflects badly on the entire community, imho.

You probably haven't been around long enough to see some of the scams we've had come through here over the years. There's a reason people are highly skeptical when new members show up with extremely rare games and amazing stories. The community is just looking out for its own, that's all. Perhaps it's not fair to put every new member under a microscope, but given the popularity of the gaming community with scammers lately it's to be expected. Of course some people tend to go a bit overboard.

That being said, these look legit. Nice find! :)

• Like 5

You probably haven't been around long enough to see some of the scams we've had come through here over the years. There's a reason people are highly skeptical when new members show up with extremely rare games and amazing stories. The community is just looking out for its own, that's all. Perhaps it's not fair to put every new member under a microscope, but given the popularity of the gaming community with scammers lately it's to be expected.

That being said, these look legit. Nice find! :)

"To be expected" ? Snarky, distrustful remarks and gifs as well, eh?

I see....

As for scams, sure, I have played the fool myself in my younger years. I'd imaging everyone has, at least once. (?)

This certainly hasn't soured me on swapping/commerce/humanity, though, nor made me feel its appropriate to meet others with unmerited disrespect/distrust. "Perhaps it's not fair to put every new member under a microscope" << I agree with this partial statement very much. :)

"To be expected" ? Snarky, distrustful remarks and gifs as well, eh?

If you look at my post which I edited about 2 seconds after I posted it, I said some people do go overboard. Healthy skepticism is warranted, rudeness is not.

I see....

Oh please, don't be one of those people.

As for scams, sure, I have played the fool myself in my younger years. I'd imaging everyone has, at least once. (?)

This certainly hasn't soured me on swapping/commerce/humanity, though, nor made me feel its appropriate to meet others with unmerited disrespect/distrust.

Perhaps you have a Pollyanna attitude towards the world, but most people do not. Many have been burned more than once, and some quite badly. I wouldn't be so quick to judge those people.

• Like 3

If you look at my post which I edited about 2 seconds after I posted it, I said some people do go overboard. Healthy skepticism is warranted, rudeness is not.

Oh please, don't be one of those people.

Perhaps you have a Pollyanna attitude towards the world, but most people do not. Many have been burned more than once, and some quite badly. I wouldn't be so quick to judge those people.

You misunderstand; its not so much a "Pollyanna attitude" as it is not wanting to be jaded/hateful about something that is supposed to be a FUN pursuit. :) Its rather like a woman being done-wrong by a German guy in her past, and thus despising ALL Germans from then on....pretty ignorant/fearful-minded, eh? If by not pouncing on anything/one that might be new/strange as a fearful rat might scamper from a flashlight, I guess you should call me 'Polly' :P

Not sure what you mean by "Oh please, don't be one of those people.", though. (?)

Politics/opinions aside, it does seem that this Matterhorn game is quite sought-after! Great grab!

Edited by Bald_Bull_jr