IGNORED

Sequel to MYST port

jgray3493

Just wondering if any developer has given much thought, if any, about porting the sequels of MYST to the JAG???? Idk I was just playing MYST on my Jag CD and was thinking how awesome it would be to have the whole set. But I'm sure somebody would have something about copyright crap to say about it.

are you really thinking about it before posting such question ?

the sequel to myst is Riven, Riven is a 5 CDs game !! do you understand how complex it can be to port such a huge game ? we don't have any sources of this game, so how do you think it can even be possible ?

did you ever play myst 4 ? it fit on 2 DVD, it's real time 360° video, what a joke ...

Edited by Orion_

Riven is 5 discs long because it was stored on 650mb discs... Jaguar discs roar at 790mb ea... do the math! I'm sure the few extra K can be compromised somehow, so 4 discs it is... uber compressed audio or Cinepak to the rescue! :rolling:

are you really thinking about it before posting such question ?

the sequel to myst is Riven, Riven is a 5 CDs game !! do you understand how complex it can be to port such a huge game ? we don't have any sources of this game, so how do you think it can even be possible ?

did you ever play myst 4 ? it fit on 2 DVD, it's real time 360° video, what a joke ...

Since he is not a developer he does not understand how complex it can be. It would probably be nice if it could be explained to him in your opinion without jumping all over him.

The problem with this topic is that the OP has no intention of working on his idea. He just the idea man and wants someone else who has the ability to do it for him. What he doesn't realize is that the people who have the ability to make his idea happen have there own projects that they are working on and don't need other peoples ideas because they have their own. If the OP came here with a plan or had his idea in some stage of development then the respond would be different and he may even find someone here to help him out when he runs into a problem or two.

• Like 3

Ok can we end this thread already? Until I become a developer I will keep my "BAD IDEAS" to myself. I want to thank the for all their constructive criticism though. It's been real helpful and encouraged me to push myself more. Thx

You used complete words up until the end so I appreciate the effort. If you can't take the time to spell out the two extra letters in "you" then how are others supposed to take your idea seriously?

If you truly are into creating a new Myst type game then I suggest "training" yourself by making it in Game Maker. That'll give you an idea of what it takes. Also, one could sell the result as a PC, Android and Linux game!

http://www.yoyogames.com/

P.S. "Copyright crap" is real. No one enjoys making a game and then getting cease & desisted off the Internet.

Ooh Ooh how about this game............

Suck My "COCK-a-doodle-do" :Barnyard Fun

(Rated E for everyone)

Are you sure you're 31? We've considered your idea. Offered suggestions. Now it's time for some humor.. maybe a little Shatner!

UPDATE: Just to be clear my title list was in no way directed towards you. I guess you never read Mad Magazine.