IGNORED

Is Hotel Mario really THAT BAD?

I didn't said the CD-i can't do 3D, I said he doesn't have build-in 3D capacities, even weak ones like the Jaguar have.

Any machine can do this kind of 3D, given enough power and programming skills. It was even recreated (on windowed mode) on ZX Spectrum. So it's no surprise at all the CD-i, with his powerful CPU (that I mentionned) can do such 3D.

However, you can't deny that there isn't a single chip or even included software instructions to make 3D games or animations.

I give the CD-i the respect it deserve. But I can't give it more credit than it deserve either.

I didn't said the CD-i can't do 3D, I said he doesn't have build-in 3D capacities, even weak ones like the Jaguar have.

Any machine can do this kind of 3D, given enough power and programming skills. It was even recreated (on windowed mode) on ZX Spectrum. So it's no surprise at all the CD-i, with his powerful CPU (that I mentionned) can do such 3D.

However, you can't deny that there isn't a single chip or even included software instructions to make 3D games or animations.

I give the CD-i the respect it deserve. But I can't give it more credit than it deserve either.

I did mean that the cd-i in general deserves more respect. It wasn't targeted towards you ;)

The cd-i not capable of 3d? Check out the game Atlantis.

The cd-i deserves more respect.

That's faux-3D though, 2D lines placed and scaled in a manner to make it look like there is a 3D environment. Theoretically any system with a little bit of power should be able to do that, albeit to a greater or lesser extent than one-another.

I also disagree the CD-I deserves more respect. Even more impressive games like Atlantis or Zenith still aren't very good games as they are. To each their own though.

I also disagree the CD-I deserves more respect. Even more impressive games like Atlantis or Zenith still aren't very good games as they are. To each their own though.

The Apprentice is a pretty damn good game. And when I mean that the CD-i deserve more respect, it's for the machine itself, not the software on it.

The CD-i is derided for the lot of poor games that are available on it; still it also got good games, and even accessories. It's probably the first gaming system to get a LED driven gun (a Wiimote-like system) which mean that light guns games on CD-i are playable on any display device, even a videoprojector.

• Like 1

The Apprentice is a pretty damn good game. And when I mean that the CD-i deserve more respect, it's for the machine itself, not the software on it.

The CD-i is derided for the lot of poor games that are available on it; still it also got good games, and even accessories. It's probably the first gaming system to get a LED driven gun (a Wiimote-like system) which mean that light guns games on CD-i are playable on any display device, even a videoprojector.

I disagree.. But again, to each their own.

I personally feel the Apprentice is a good game, but if it was released for a more mainstream/popular platform, it would have been seen as simply average and likely lost in the shuffle.

The light gun example--I suppose that's neat it works on every kind of screen. The fact that the gun is known for barely being functional as it is though makes it a moot point.