IGNORED

arcadia supercharger problems

grownup

I went and tried to use my supercharger for the first time in like 10 years last night, and couldnt figure out what was wrong. It just says "rewind tape" and "press play" on the screen at the same time. I had my 'Stella gets a new Brain' CD in the CD player and the wires hooed up, but it doesnt seem to load anything. Do these superchargers go bad or what? Ive got a bunch of Activision games that quit working on me also, and am not happy with this problem.

Any suggestions?

Activision boards are thinner, and the contacts have to be really clean.

Too abrasive cleaners will remove the plating on the Activision circuit board.

Also. Because they are thinner, the cart connector in the Atari might not be touching all the pins.

Kinda hard to fix connectors that aren't touching the cart, but you might be able to get a sewing pin in there and bend them out a little.

It is usually dirt, corrosion or connection, but the game chip is probably good.

Also if you've got the EQ on turn it off and ditto for bass boost.

Since you've got the original Arcadia model like me, you may also want to try holding the mono plug in firmly before the forcing point - this lines up the first set of contacts nicely but you have to keep it pressed in place; the oversized plug doesn't always line up right in a stereo jack :)

Try loading a 300 baud file if you are still having problems - these are the most forgiving (the Stella CD is all 1200).

• 3 weeks later...