IGNORED

INTV Best Game of All Times - Homebrews overall

Vote the best homebrews  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your favourite homebrews from this list

• Minehunter (Intelligentvision 2004 / Elektronite re-release)
    • Choplifter (Intelligentvision 2012)
    • 4Tris (Intelligentvision/LTO from 2000)
    • Super Pro Tennis (Intelligentvision 2013)
    • Donkey Kong Arcade (Intelligentvision 2011 / Elektronite re-release)
    • Stonix (Intelligentvision 2004)
    • Rocky and Bullwinkle (Intelligentvision 2011)
    • Adventures of Tron (Intelligentvision 2011)
    • Illusions (Intelligentvision 2012)
    • Match5 (Elektronite 2013)
    • Yogi's Frustration (Intelligentvision 2011)
    • Christmas Carol vs. The Ghost of Christmas Presents (LTO 2012)
    • Samegame&Robots (Intelligentvision 2005 and re-release)
    • Scarfinger (Intelligentvision 2012)
    • Super Chef BT (Intelligentvision 2013)
    • Robot Rubble (Activision 2005)
    • Space Patrol (LTO 2008)
    • King of the mountains (Intelligentvision 2012)
    • Spina the bee (Intelligentvision 2012)
    • League of Light (Activision 2005)
    • Paddle Party (Elektronite 2013)
    • Deep Pockets (Intelligentvision 2012)
    • D2K Arcade (Elektronite 2013)
    • Flintstones Keyboard Fun (Intelligentvision 2012)
    • Super NFL Football (Intelligentvision 2012)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

MULTIPLE CHOICE ALLOWED

This is one of the polls to vote the best games ever for Intellivision :-)

Time for homebrews.

All the known titles until 2014 are in this poll.

5 most voted will go to the FINAL, so the logic would be you to vote the fives you think deserve to go in the final, but of corse this is up to you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by vprette

quick comments on the titles: every homebrew deserve some consideration :-)

- minehunter: a game I like for personal reasons: when I was a twingalaxies referee I did register world records for this game. Also we re-published it as Elektronite game and it was a pleasure to speak with Ryan at that time. See his official page about the game http://www.pixelkitchen.com/ryan/intellivision.html

The game is very well done, it's funny and shows a perfect use of the circle pad like pc mouse to pointer on screen.

Unfortunately Ryan is not anymore available to work on new projects :-(

- choplifter: I did play this game on c64 and I like it, but not sure if the intv version is in fact complete or with some bug in it.

This was a fourth generation game for inty by INTV and it is hard to say if it would have been a major title in the portfolio: I do believe nova blast set the highest level for this console for side scrolling shooters

Edited by vprette

- 4tris

I have the philly classic edition of this one... and that was the game that pushed me to start it all: I made the makeINTVgame web site and started looking for developers (originals and new). I had the chance to start writing and collaborate with Joe, and year after year I got involved in writing the Intellivision collector guide, making the dev gui Intelliware, starting intellivisionworld and finally join W. Moeller to produce elektronite games. Nothing would have happened if I wouldnt have received the 4tris cartridge that time...

Edited by vprette

I voted for:

Carol vs Ghost

Stonix

Space Patrol

Yogi's Frustration

KOTM

4-Tris has my respect, but I've never played it and don't own it. D2K is awesome, but I knew it would do well without my vote. One of these days, Eliminator! I also am liking Old School.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

That's an interesting list. How many of those games are new and original ideas?

Out of the 25 games on the list, I count:

13 repros and 2 hacks

Which leaves 6 ports and 4 new games Match 5, Carol, SG&R and Paddle Party.

Regarding repros: If I take a rom file off of the Intellivision Lives/Rocks CD, put it on a cart and box it up for sale, should it really be on a "best of" list? I only voted for games that have new programming (originals and ports) or have been altered via a hack to the point of significant improvement.

By the way, one of the good things I think we'll see come out of this poll with the 5 vote system is a clearer picture of everyone's lesser favorites. Everyone knows that the top 5 games that will dominate this poll are great, but if I'm looking for an underrated game to put some new time in to, I will be looking at positions 6-10. I'd love to see an underdog re-vote poll with all the remaining games after the 5 big dogs are taken out. Just a thought.

• Like 1

I'm fine with Old School being left off the list. It is probably for the better. Old School is a very new game and that alone might skew the results in its favor (at the expense of other good games).

Anyways, we might do this sort of poll again in a year or so and add in Old School and a number of other new games. 2014 looks like the year of the Intellivision Homebrew!

I'm fine with Old School being left off the list. It is probably for the better. Old School is a very new game and that alone might skew the results in its favor (at the expense of other good games).

Anyways, we might do this sort of poll again in a year or so and add in Old School and a number of other new games. 2014 looks like the year of the Intellivision Homebrew!

that will be goty 2014 and should be the best one so far

By the way, one of the good things I think we'll see come out of this poll with the 5 vote system is a clearer picture of everyone's lesser favorites. Everyone knows that the top 5 games that will dominate this poll are great, but if I'm looking for an underrated game to put some new time in to, I will be looking at positions 6-10. I'd love to see an underdog re-vote poll with all the remaining games after the 5 big dogs are taken out. Just a thought.

so when poll is ending I will write down the classification top down

• Like 1

That's an interesting list. How many of those games are new and original ideas?

Out of the 25 games on the list, I count:

13 repros and 2 hacks

Which leaves 6 ports and 4 new games Match 5, Carol, SG&R and Paddle Party.

Regarding repros: If I take a rom file off of the Intellivision Lives/Rocks CD, put it on a cart and box it up for sale, should it really be on a "best of" list? I only voted for games that have new programming (originals and ports) or have been altered via a hack to the point of significant improvement.

I've noticed that about the list of Intellivision homebrews as well. Many of them are previously unreleased prototypes or modified existing games. I'm fine with that (and will continue to buy them ;) ).

However, there is a limited number of such games out there until that well runs dry. After that, I'm hoping to see more brand new original games as well as re-written ports from other platforms. The only downside to that is that such games take time write. To keep the flow of games coming, we'll need to get more folks familiar with the SDK-1600.

I'm very happy with the quality of homebrews.

I don't know which game will win but I find it amazing we have, at least, 3 perfect games. They are pretty to look, addictive, fun and very advanced games.

In alphabetic order:

Christmas Carol vs. The Ghost of Christmas Presents

D2K Arcade

Space Patrol

All three are perfect games to me. They show how we (actually some kind programmers) can deliver much better games than we had back then.

When I want to introduce Intellivision to anyone, I pick these 3 games and Treasure of Tarmin.

p.s.: I don't know Stonix or 4-Tris but I suspect they would join Super Chef BT and others in the 'very good', not in the 'awesome, perfect, thank you very, very much for making this game' cathegory.

p.s.: I don't know Stonix or 4-Tris but I suspect they would join Super Chef BT and others in the 'very good', not in the 'awesome, perfect, thank you very, very much for making this game' cathegory.

I personally think Stonix reaches that "awesome, perfect, thank you x 100" level of quality too -- I was really impressed by it.

• Like 1

Ditto what thegoldenband said - Stonix is at the TOP of addictive awesomeness with the rest.

I haven't had a chance to play Super Chef Burgertime yet but based on everything I heard and saw would say that is in same level as well. Honorable mentions to KOTM, SP Tennis, SG&R (1st intellivoice homebrew), Old School (I know not in this poll), & Paddle Party which I haven't had a chance to play yet but really think will be fun once I get around to it.