IGNORED

Homebrew Rom Pack?

Tempest

I just got my Harmony cart up and working, and I'm looking to add some homebrews to it. Is there a zip file with all the freely released homebrews out there somewhere or do I have to go to various sites and download them one by one?

• 6 years later...
47 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

BUMP :) looking to try out some of the new stuff on my retron & one of those multicarts :) Has anyone done this work or are we forced to scour the nets for romz? :)

There's this weird semi-comprehensive collection of 10,000 files in archive.com called atari 2600 nongood that has just about everything through the end of 2017. Thing is, it has every posted version of the major and minor homebrews, like all versions of development of a game from version 1 to version 22 or whatever.

In the meantime, I have this. It gets a little light in 2020 and 2021...just too many games. If anyone wants to supplement it with stuff from the last year and a half, please do.

Prof_Ima_Stud_Atari2600HBs.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

BUMP [emoji4] looking to try out some of the new stuff on my retron & one of those multicarts [emoji4] Has anyone done this work or are we forced to scour the nets for romz? [emoji4]

I don't believe a multi cart would work with the Retron77 but you could mod the system and run the homebrew games from the SD card. I help run PlusCart and I could zip all the homebrew games and give you a link if you wish.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Prizrak said:

I don't believe a multi cart would work with the Retron77 but you could mod the system and run the homebrew games from the SD card. I help run PlusCart and I could zip all the homebrew games and give you a link if you wish.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have tons of real 2600s too :) I use both :) That would be awesome!

Edited by Godzilla
forgot quote

12 hours ago, Swami said:

There's this weird semi-comprehensive collection of 10,000 files in archive.com called atari 2600 nongood that has just about everything through the end of 2017. Thing is, it has every posted version of the major and minor homebrews, like all versions of development of a game from version 1 to version 22 or whatever.

In the meantime, I have this. It gets a little light in 2020 and 2021...just too many games. If anyone wants to supplement it with stuff from the last year and a half, please do.

Prof_Ima_Stud_Atari2600HBs.zip 5.36 MB · 3 downloads

to quote one of the greatest people ever "I want it all and I want it now" :) when it comes to 2600, I really do want all of it. every weird little variation. All of the games from Ian Bogost's college programming class. All of it :) There really is nothing else like the 2600 in the console world, imho :) That's why I want to celebrate it all in a giant museum housing every game ever (physical and digital, from Senet to Pokemon Legends) www.theimagic.com 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/4/2021 at 11:13 PM, Swami said:

Prof_Ima_Stud_Atari2600HBs.zip 5.36 MB · 433 downloads

This is great.  Thank you!