IGNORED

Color Computer 3 games..where to buy?

Stevaside

Seems to me finding used games out there for it is next to impossible besides an occasional Ebay listing or 2....Am I just looking in the wrong places or was it that rare of a system?? I had one for a brief time in between my Atari & NES when I was a kid & would like to buy one again, but am frustrated at the lack of games out there online....Not trying to get all crazy collecting for it, but a good 20 or so games maybe sound good, if at all possible....&BTW I know of the card readers out there for it or whatever, but Im not really interested in roms, I would like to build up a small collection of actual cartridges some day

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by Stevaside

I'm in the same boat as you. eBay is the only place I can find originals but they're few and far between. I was in the Coco camp during the Coco 2 and 3 days and when I wanted to sell my gear, I found I couldn't off load it.

Ended up giving away what I could and throwing away the rest....yeah, I know!

Here in Australia it had a loyal following so I'd imagine many original users just held on to their software.

Just got back in to the Coco 3 and completely regret getting rid of all my gear.

There's really not a lot of places other than ebay unfortunately. Some of the online retro stores like Collectors Cards & Games have had a few over the years but I'm not sure if they still do. Coco collecting seems to have spiked a bit in the last couple of years which is making the thin herd of available items harder to get and driving prices up. I remember the first coco 3 I got from Cloud9tech was $75 for a grade A machine. Now they're $125 and going very fast. Don't think Mark has many left. Carts unfortunately are a crap shoot and there are only a handful made specifically for the coco 3. There are several carts from the coco 1/2 era that are easy to find and common though.

I have to double check this list to make sure I'm not selling something that isn't a duplicate.

Polaris
Demolition Derby

Mega Bug
Color Baseball

Downland (white label version, CoCo 3 compatible)

Tetris

Super Pitfall ( x 2)

Silpheed
Predator
Thexder
Robocop
Springster
Castle of Tharoggad

Downland and Super Pitfall include manual and the plastic case.
Most of the CoCo 3 titles have good labels with some to little wear.
White labeled carts (Downland & Springster) are semi-transparent (from the glue?), Springster label has wrinkled.
Polaris label is missing but I know I have it somewhere. If I run across it I'll mail it to whoever buys the lot.
I thought I had an extra Football II and if I run across it I'll let you know.

I'd like to sell it as a single lot.

Thanks for all the replies...Yea I guess it is as rough of a system to collect for as I thought. Atari Leaf,I enjoy your Youtube videos!....& yea that is where I was planning to get a Coco3 from eventually too & I will look into that other site to see if they have anymore games.

James D, I am interested in buying some of those off of you sometime in the near future...Especially Super Pitfall & Thexder. Those are the main 2 I was looking for & that I remember playing the most....Super Pitfall seems to regarded as a very difficult game..and looking back I really don't know how I beat it when I was like 8 years old on my Coco3. Lol..I remember drawing maps for it (I also own the NES version nowadays)...guess I just didn't have much else to do & spent a boatload of time on it haha...It was also the game where my brother who was 3 years old at the time realized he wasn't really playing the game with that second joystick I always gave him so he would think he was..From then on I had to start taking turns & let him actually play the games :P

Edited by Stevaside
  • Like 1

James D, I am interested in buying some of those off of you sometime in the near future...Especially Super Pitfall & Thexder. Those are the main 2 I was looking for & that I remember playing the most....Super Pitfall seems to regarded as a very difficult game..and looking back I really don't know how I beat it when I was like 8 years old on my Coco3. Lol..I remember drawing maps for it (I also own the NES version nowadays)...guess I just didn't have much else to do & spent a boatload of time on it haha...It was also the game where my brother who was 3 years old at the time realized he wasn't really playing the game with that second joystick I always gave him so he would think he was..From then on I had to start taking turns & let him actually play the games :P

If he sells those two to you, I'll take the rest. If he'll only sell as a lot, I'm definitely interested in the whole lot. Pending price, of course.

Well just to mention, depending on price & his willingness to break it down to a smaller lot, I was also planning on getting Robocop, Predator, Castle Of Tharoggad,Silpheed & possibly Tetris...all those I kinda remember seeing in Radio Shack catalogs way back then & wished I had them haha...

Well just to mention, depending on price & his willingness to break it down to a smaller lot, I was also planning on getting Robocop, Predator, Castle Of Tharoggad,Silpheed & possibly Tetris...all those I kinda remember seeing in Radio Shack catalogs way back then & wished I had them haha...

Well, if he's not willing to break up the lot, maybe I could buy it and sell a few back to you. I've had a CoCo 3 for years and have zero of the officially released games, so I'll probably want a chance to try them out first if that's what ends up happening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know about others but boxed coco games aren't really that interesting ( I do have a NIB Reactoid but only because I already have a loose cart ) since the boxes are just generic grey cardboard or clear plastic cases, and the grey ones aren't even really boxes because of the cart-sized cutouts in them. I threw out a dozen or so of those boxes a few years back ( please don't yell at me ) to make room.

Edited by AtariLeaf

I saw that recently too, would most likely buy it if I could right now.....haha yep, Im just realizing that again, the boxes are as about as exciting as the Atari M-Network cartridges lol....Im real glad the Super Pitfall he wound up selling me was CIB...that was the main game I wanted & played back in the day...nice to have it complete, I thought the odds were gonna be Id have a long wait....Otherwise yea, I dont care much for them & they look kinda ugly when displayed on my shelf

Oh I know that man...Thats a great find & I wish I could afford to buy it right now... I just watched his review on it last night, def seems like one of the best games in the library & a real good port aside from being a tad slower than its counterparts.....& Think he was also just commenting on the boxes for Coco games in general......It totally makes sense to me now why I dont really have any memories of box artwork like I do with Atari haha....jeez with the 2600 back then the box artwork was a convincing factor on getting a game lol...I can still remember at like 3 years old seeing Yars Revenge on display behind the counter at the grocery store & begging my Mom to buy it for me everytime we went shopping...Just cuz I thought the cover looked awesome hahaha....

I wasn't posting it for the box, I was posting it because the game is pretty rare and one of the better CoCo 3 carts.

I know and it wasn't a comment on your post or link, it just got me thinking how generic and unattractive coco cart packaging is. Didn't know Rampage was rare though.

I know and it wasn't a comment on your post or link, it just got me thinking how generic and unattractive coco cart packaging is. Didn't know Rampage was rare though.

Let's say it's somewhat rare. I don't see it as often as most cart games but I wouldn't rate it as rare as many 3rd party games.