IGNORED

N64 Hidden Gems - MetalJesusRocks

Space Station Silicon Valley.

Maybe Glover? Can't remember if I ever played this one but I think it was pretty unique.

I'd also say The World Is Not Enough, but I'm not sure if it was that hidden or not.

Edited by Ross PK

I agree with Body Harvest. A technical precursor to Grand Theft Auto 3 with its open world and the ability to drive a variety of vehicles.

I also vote for Sin and Punishment. Fantastic game that really shows off the N64.

Here's some off the top of my noggin:

Forsaken 64

Doom 64

Star Wars Episode 1: Pod Racer- it looked slick, played slick and allowed you to use two controllers to steer like in the movie and arcade.

Gauntlet Legends-I don't know how huge this game was back then but out of the ports, this was the only one I think that played like an adventure game and less like the arcade: you could keep and store power ups and then sell them at the end of the level to buy more items.

Blast Corps is in my top 2 or 3 for N64 , its a hidden gem .

Never have played this game and had the N64 on day one.

I've heard more than one person say it's an awesome early game. This makes me want to check it out ...again.

Wouldn't doubt it's a "hidden gem"

How popular were the Rush series of games? Stunt mode on Rush 2049 was great fun back in the day.

The original definitely wasn't a hidden gem. I'm not sure about Rush 2, but Rush 2049 (And the fine conversion of Hydro Thunder) kind of flew under everyone's radar thanks to their late release and the Dreamcast conversions stealing the show.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Blast Corps is hands down my favourite N64 game. It's just one of those weird, quirky, one-of-a-kind games that you so rarely see - because it's actually ridiculous fun. Medalling high gives it a ton of replayability, something I'm not known to do except in rare circumstances. It's got a charm all its own.

Robotron 64 is also another hidden gem. The music is absolutely emblematic of the time it came out (mid-late 90s) and was a fairly decent technical accomplishment how they did so much in so little space. Controls are perfect.