IGNORED

CENTRON 3D - Title Screen Shot

rpc_games

I am not a fan of having this kind of "secret" about the mode used.... We are in 2014 where fandal, tebe, xxl, etc release stuff and talk open about it... Or even release source code... (Reminds me Arsantica sources to publish).

Agreed, i can understand someone playing the cards close to their chest before release but Rybags is right and after release it probably won't take much more than ten minutes to reverse engineer the code. It's better to just document what's going on in a blog post when the game goes out or something, that way you're not just giving the community a game but offering up a cool technique for the coders to play with as well.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter... we work these things out 10 minutes after the release anyway.

Yeah... Chances that we'll see something we haven't seen til now are slim... Ultra slim ;)

I bet they are keeping a lid on it just because they want to provide us with a nice surprise, and show that they made real effort and produced something new.

@Bryan: I'm deciding 'Cute' ... For now ;)

• Like 1

Common guys

Do you also ask for your Christmas and birthday presents to be given as soon as they are bought? And without the raping? Let's wait until Pete and his crew are ready to release it. The fun is not only in the getting, but also in the waiting until you get something.

Sincerely

Mathy (who loves a good surprise)

• Like 4

Common guys

Do you also ask for your Christmas and birthday presents to be given as soon as they are bought? And without the raping?

Note to self: avoid Mathy's Christmas/birthday parties...!

• Like 11

Oops, I usually check of any errors in what I write, this one slipped by me. That should have read "wrapping" of course, not "raping".

Don't worry, i think we all know what you meant... but some of us [rolls eyes] just have a very childish sense of humou... oh hang on, that was me wasn't it? =-)

• Like 6

Yeah... Chances that we'll see something we haven't seen til now are slim... Ultra slim ;)

I bet they are keeping a lid on it just because they want to provide us with a nice surprise, and show that they made real effort and produced something new.

@Bryan: I'm deciding 'Cute' ... For now ;)

"For now.." x)

I only can say that if is blending colors is going to flicker "a lot"..

If Apac, I don't see the scanlines (but the "screenshots" look a little dark, so I suppose is one of these two)..

Color changes inside the scanline are good mostly for title screens, so .. what else is out there?

You only forget to ask for no raping once.

How do you know? x)

• Like 1

Borring time at work... Can't stop wasting time thinking about how its done :)

Based on this quote from Pete:

"ANTIC and GTIA will be working hard at VBL video updates and colour mixing. There is no comparison to the games you mentioned with Centron 3D. So the 6502 will be doing other calculations and not worrying about

video updates. This is what ATARI designed ANTIC for, to take the video pressure off the 6502 but you probably already know this."

That should mean dlist, dli and vbl colors and modes changes. Let see what type of crazy mix they came up with ;)

• Like 1

Common guys

Do you also ask for your Christmas and birthday presents to be given as soon as they are bought? And without the raping?

Mathy (who loves a good surprise)

I'd say raping is a pretty big surprise..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 3

Don't worry, i think we all know what you meant... but some of us [rolls eyes] just have a very childish sense of humou... oh hang on, that was me wasn't it? =-)

Sorry, was at my level as well.....Good lord, you at my level, poor bloke..My excuse is I'm a loon :)

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to it!

I just saw your other title screen picture and it looks great.

You will have other people potentially use your CMODE after they've backwards engineered it. With modern debuggers that probably won't take long.

You may find that other people find some quite inventive ways of using the mode, maybe not necessarily for 3D things. Perhaps it could be used for a 2D puzzle game of some kind?

• Like 1

Hello TMR

I guess we have the same kind of humor. :D

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 2