IGNORED

The most annoying enemies in classic games

Nope. No E-SWAT backup for the last level.

I think I used a Game Genie back in the day that allowed that; I must have been thinking of that. But you could use it on the elevator; and somehow the rocket launcher would reach ALL the way up the side of the building to help you out.

I was playing Ghosts 'N Goblins arcade recently.. yeah, the red gargoyle is a bitch, but so are the flying blue demons that come out of the windows on level 2!

And the stupid eyeball platforms on level 4 really piss me off.

Ghosts 'N Goblins in general is brutal! And you have to beat the game TWICE!

Edited by retrorussell

Nope. No E-SWAT backup for the last level.

You fight every boss and those damn twins/evil Blazes again with NOTHING but your basic arsenal.

I was never that great about finishing games, but I did actually finish E-Swat on the Genesis. I remember because I had a snow day at school and spent pretty much all day on it. :)

I was never that great about finishing games, but I did actually finish E-Swat on the Genesis. I remember because I had a snow day at school and spent pretty much all day on it. :)

E-Swat gets hard after the first two stages. I've beaten some tough games such as Revenge of Shinobi and Ghouls n Ghosts, but I can't get very far in E-Swat.

No Intellivision games here yet? (At least from the search results) Awesome!

Playing B-17 Bomber on the Intellivision Flashback and man the Flak Bunkers (worth only 1 point mind you when a Factory is worth like 20 points) is a b*tch it hit. :)

And even after you've bombed all the flak bunkers, you are still shot at with flak. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I ran it on an emulator. Man, you have my sympathies.. this game seems to have been forgotten by the mists of time and doesn't exist hardly anywhere, let alone in our neck of the woods. It's such a cool, innovative shooter that deserves more recognition today. Best of luck in your pursuit.

I may have finally found one for sale. I found a guy that is selling a bunch of his machines on KLOV and one of them is Crossbow.... WITH THE EXIDY KIT!!! I hope this works out and if I get it I will post some pics.

Edit: The Exidy kit includes Crossbow

• Cheyenne
  • Catch-22
  • Combat
  • Crackshot
  • Chiller
  • Clay Pigeon
  • Hit 'n Miss
  • Who Dun It
Edited by Mxyzptlk
  • Like 1

The last two enemies in any sort of Space Invaders styled game. They're either so fast that it requires pinpoint reflexes to shoot half the time, or like in Galaga or Galaxian, they fly in weird directions and constantly try to kamikaze you.

• Like 1

I may have finally found one for sale. I found a guy that is selling a bunch of his machines on KLOV and one of them is Crossbow.... WITH THE EXIDY KIT!!! I hope this works out and if I get it I will post some pics.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Glad you were able to get a hold of it!

If you never played Chiller.. well, it's pretty revolting!

Looking forward to the pics. Maybe you can post a YouTube vid of you playing it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That stupid giant hopping robot on MEGA MAN that does massive damage if he hits you. And you don't know if he's gonna jump high or low.

A variation of those are in every Mega Man game, usually just before the gate that leads to the stage boss.

If I had to pick an annoying enemy from the series, it would be those stupid conveyor platforms in Guts Man (MM1) or the little guys that shoot up out of the pits in Dust Man (MM4).

• 2 weeks later...

How about:

Joust (any version) the "unbeatable?" pterodactyl. Bite me.

Seaquest (Atari 2600) that bastard sub at the top of the screen.

Stampede (Atari 2600, Intellivision) the "black cow."

Donkey Kong (any version) fireballs my friends, fireballs.

Pole Position (most versions) Road Signs.

Tail of Beta Lyrae (Atari 800) magnetic satellites.

Demon Attack (Intellivision) damn swooping birds on boss level.

Ice Trek (Intellivision) f*cking floating icebergs.

Shark! Shark! (Intellivision) the b*stard it's named after.

Space Armada (Intellivision) two unavoidable words: invisible. aliens.

Edited by Britishcar
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...