IGNORED

i updated my webpage about ColecoVision with Boriel's ZX-Basic Compiler

hi everyone!

i updated http://nitrofurano.altervista.org/retrocoding/colecovision/

the examples i have there is those .asm from Daniel Bienvenu, and i kept it almost pristine, meaning only with some small adaptations for making them compilable from Boriel's ZX-Basic Compiler

and since there are no working Basic examples yet, and i want to start something, i'm needing some technical information - since, for now, i want to avoid using Bios, and i want to have working what i have from the sg1000 side, what are exactly the i/o ports used on ColecoVision? for example, sg1000 uses the ports $bf (address, vdp register) and $be (data) for tms9918 display

and btw, should we always set the stack point to the address $7FFF at the code start? (since Boriel's ZX-Basic Compiler uses stack a lot on the functions and routines)

thanks!

The video ports in Colecovision are $be for data and $bf for address (there others you can use, but use these for sake of standard)

The PSG standard port in Colecovision is $ff (write only), also it's a SN76489 like the SG-1000

All this information is available in http://theadamresource.com/manuals/technical/ColecoVision%20Coding%20Guide.pdf

here is my first working example using Boriel’s ZX-Basic Compiler (not yet with halt for waitvbl, i'll try to implement it soon! ;) ) - still very simple when compared with what i have available at nitrofurano.altervista.org/retrocoding/msx , but i think it can provide some idea of what can be possible to do

example01z1c3_firsttest.zip

this one has a bug that i can't figure out what is happening - it is suppose to poke all the 16kb display area with random values, but it isn't... :S

(about the .asm debug file generated by the cross compiler, it only counts after "defw $aa55" - the bash script crops out those 16 bytes before that)

example01z1c5_vpoke_notworking.zip