IGNORED

Alien Vs. Predator

atari2600land

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

Where in the video, exactly? 

Around the 2:05 in (right near the end of the footage)

Not my find, was pointed in it's direction

You can tell it's early footage, but after all these years of just having a solidarity screenshot, it was nice to see actual footage, even if it was just camcorder footage.

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Ahhh, I read it as 2 minutes 5 seconds. I see it now. Looks interesting, too bad they only showed such a small amount of it.

I'd be surprised if development got much further, Saturn version (which i believe was built using Quads, not polygons)  was canned earlier on.

A lot of the games concepts (marines armed with mining explosives and pheromone sprays to attract and deceive the Xenomorphs)  never seemed to progress past pure conceptual ideas.

Friend of mine thought this was simply a Quake Mod when he saw the footage 

Cool find, now that it's there I too wished to see more of it. And I would have liked to see the enemies. There's something dropping from the ceiling but it is too fast and too dark to make it out. In any case very intersting to see that there is more than just a single screenshot and it looks very AvP with motion tracker and slow movement. :-D 

• Like 1

For any Sega Aliens fans reading (not worth putting anywhere else as it's just a snippet of info), more canned Alien games on Sega formats :

From a brief chat with Argonaut coder,Martin Piper:

Martin:A Sega Saturn version of Alien Resurrection was being worked on, as far as I recall no Dreamcast version.

The Saturn version failed when the programmer was found to be wasting time by trying to hand code everything as one huge assembly file. It failed to progress beyond a technical demo, not a surprise really

Thanks to Martin yet again 

• 3 weeks later...